Hanging upside down

Sky11

I just got my chameleon today and he seems nice and healthy but I noticed that he’s climbing the screen ceiling and hanging upside down. It’s making me nervous cause even though I have the lights raised up from the screen I’m scared it’s still gonna burn him. The basking light is what I’m mostly worried about I’m not sure any thoughts?

Here’s a cute pic I took too :)
007A355C-70F2-467D-8715-0317C011FBC1.jpeg

so like the floor is usually 71 the middle is like 72-74 and the basking is like 81 to be more exact. And the breeders website said 3-4 months but I emailed him yesterday to ask him when his birthday is. He hasn't got back to me yet

so like the floor is usually 71 the middle is like 72-74 and the basking is like 81 to be more exact. And the breeders website said 3-4 months but I emailed him yesterday to ask him when his birthday is. He hasn't got back to me yet
Those temperatures are pretty close, and youngn's do like to climb. IMO, a range of temps—as long as they're not extreme—is actually preferable, so the cham can decide where it wants to be.

Perfect, i was talking about the basking temp particularly, 80-85 is a big difference for a little baby. As said, it’s good to have that range so the cham can decide what temp it wants. If you feel it gets to hot, lower wattage or raise lights higher.

Back
Top Bottom