Hanging around bottom of cage?

Adriang33

Chameleon info:

• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care? (Veiled, male, 4ish months old, since December 23)
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?(not very much he’s not very social)
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? (Small crickets, 10 to 15 a day, I give the crickets strawberry papaya (took out seeds) 2 apples (took out cores) 3 quarters of a big orange.a bunch carrots. a sweet potato. a yellow and green squash. basil. raw sunflower seeds. sesame seeds. wheat germ)
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? (Repti calcium with d3 and zoomed Reptivive with out d3 twice a month. And Repti calcium with out d3 with all crickets everyday )
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? (I spray the cage with a mister a few times a day. Also, when I shower the humidity fills the the room)
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? (Never been tested, but it is brown with a little white on the top usually)
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.(I got it from a reptile store near my house)

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?(all screen 16x16x30)
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? (Repti basking 75w and a reptisun 5.0 uvb. Light is on from 8am to 9pm)
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? (Basking is around 85. Bottom of the cage is from 70 to 73ish I use a zoo med little thermometer)
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? (I spray multiple times a day with a homedepot sprayer and when I shower it makes my room humid. Some times it gets to the 80s in humidity but it is usually in the 40s to the 60s)
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? (A Schefflera and a few fake plants and vines)
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? (In my room near a fan that I run at night sometimes. No ones really goes in my room and the top of the cage is around 5ft 10 inches
  • Location - Where are you geographically located? (Tallahassee Florida)

• He has been hanging on the bottom of the cage a lot today, I’ve never seen him do this. Kinda weird. He still ate this morning but went right back down

Attachments

• 4A6D5EC4-9779-4625-888F-7D0AC56CD528.jpeg
    4A6D5EC4-9779-4625-888F-7D0AC56CD528.jpeg
    219.1 KB · Views: 105
  • 7D97D9F0-8D97-41BD-A035-4B7A5846288A.jpeg
    7D97D9F0-8D97-41BD-A035-4B7A5846288A.jpeg
    245.5 KB · Views: 107
Do you have another way to measure temps? Ive used the zoo med thermometers and compared to a laser temp gun from the hardware store and, in my case, the zoo med thermometer was off by 10*F.

Back
Top Bottom