Handling?

ChamEden

Your Chameleon - veiled chameleon. female. 2 months maybe? in my care for about 2 weeks now.
Handling - NOT more than once a day for 2 minutes.
Feeding - She eats small crickets, about 10-15 per day. I feed once in the morning and at night. Around the same times, it just depends when I get the chance.
Supplements - I use the exo-terra calcium supplement (with no extra d3) every day. in a week ill dust the crickets with the calcium with d3 and a multivitamin (only twice a month. i know.)
Watering - I use misting and a drip. I mist 3 to 4 times a day, depending on humidity. Once at 10ish then again around 1, and again at 5 then maybe one more time at night.
Fecal Description - never tested for parasites, but her poop looks to be the norm. a little white spot and the rest is dark brownish black.
History - I bought it from a breeder at the expo! impulse buy, but i had the stuff already.

cage type- 18x18x36 large screen cage
Lighting- the zoo med 5.0 UVB linear light, with a 50W intense basking spot light
temp- basking temp is usually at 80 throughout the day, it goes down to 70, sometimes 65 at night. never lower.
humidity-50-60% humidity near the basking spot.
plants- 4 live hibiscus plants, all cleaned and cared for before putting in the cage.
placement- on top of a little stand thats about two feet high. Right by the bathroom hallway, low to moderate traffic during the afternoon only.
location- chicago, Il, summer time now so avg temp around 75-90 fareinheit

problem- Just a general question about the handling of my cham. Ive read much controversy on the topic and need help making a decision. i know that technically they will never "like" to be handled, however I also dont want to raise an aggressive cham. Im jujst wondering little things that I can do right now, and when she is older to make her a little more tolerable for handling every once in a while when she is older. I have been doing things like leaving her cage door open when im home and around her, and talking to her. Other than that im not really sure what else I can do! please help! :D

I have some chams that love any chance to get out of their cages and intereact I have found the best way to help encourage this behaviour is to associate coming out of the cage with positive results Things such as a fav feeder treat, some out door time in the sunshine or even a tree in the window with a nice view lol showers if your cham likes them.
once they start to remember the positive results they seem to enjoy more interaction.

Back
Top Bottom