Handling scared chameleon

Rose:)

So i feel like I have let Pickles settle in long enough and I wanted to try to start handling him more often in case I need to get him out to clean or do anything like that. What are y’alls tips because I have tried keeping my hand lower than him and leaving it there but he ends up just hissing at me. I try to make sure i move slow and I don’t get too close. I haven’t tried putting food in my hand yet and I will probably try that soon. Any other ideas?

So i feel like I have let Pickles settle in long enough and I wanted to try to start handling him more often in case I need to get him out to clean or do anything like that. What are y’alls tips because I have tried keeping my hand lower than him and leaving it there but he ends up just hissing at me. I try to make sure i move slow and I don’t get too close. I haven’t tried putting food in my hand yet and I will probably try that soon. Any other ideas?
You start with hand feeding. This may help https://www.chameleonforums.com/blogs/building-trust-with-your-chameleon.2396/

Back
Top Bottom