Handling Panther

marthanova

How long does it take for your new panther to let you handle him/her? It’s only been 5 days and I definitely don’t want to stress him out in anyway.
I know chameleons are all different and some won’t let you handle them as much as others but what have all of you experienced? Any advice?
ive tried to put my hand near him and he gets really bright but eventually turns around and hides behind the pothos plant.

It depends on individual. There are no rules when or will he ever get on you willingly. Just try to feed him with hands, ofc if he does not want to eat from your hand feed him with cup. And if he get on you just transfer him to best plant that is on sun in your house. That was my method with my veiled and panther and they both are getting out daily now to get some real sun. My third panther is too small and new to her home to realize that i am her bus ride to sunny place but she is eating from my hand. Just have patience because my veiled took exactly 9 months to get out on me. Dont be discouraged if he doesnt go on your hand ever thats normal too!

I think i should have explained more sorry, tweezers are bad because they can badly injure their tongue. Hand or cup feed is best.
I have a feeding cup that I leave in the enclosure, and I used the tweezers for treats I was giving him but I also have bamboo tweezers.
I’ll use a cup next time
EB001425-71AD-43B5-9C9E-BD815A3CA919.jpeg

every chameleon is different as others have said.. all my f-1 clutches are spazzes..... my c.b. clutches are calm...

Back
Top Bottom