Handling my chameleon?

This all depends on the cham. Some chams will not tolerate holding at all.

You start by hand feeding if they will take it and associating your hands with food instead of fear.

Best way to get a chameleon to get use to letting you handle her? Mine is super aggressive and won’t let me near her
My male is super friendly and wants to interact all the time. HE IS NOT USUAL!

My female will allow me to work in her viv, feed her by hand etc. but in no way does she want to be handled.

Simply put, I just don't handle her.

In general terms, chams are a look and don't touch animal. Just enjoy watching a fascinating animal and slowly gain trust. Maybe, just maybe, it might let you close one day but if not, that's perfectly fine.

I have a similar situation. My male panther is fine with holding and doesn't get upset. My female wants nothing to do with me holding her. She is fine with me in the cage just don't go after her. My male veiled postures everytime but will usually walk out onto me even if I'm not asking him too. I know strange but hey they are all their own personality.

I have a similar situation. My male panther is fine with holding and doesn't get upset. My female wants nothing to do with me holding her. She is fine with me in the cage just don't go after her. My male veiled postures everytime but will usually walk out onto me even if I'm not asking him too. I know strange but hey they are all their own personality.
If you want strange, Bob has often climbed down from his free range, walked across the carpet, up my leg and sat with me for a while.

He'll then decide to go back to the free range when he feels like it.

If he wants time with me, he refuses to go into his viv or on his free range. He chooses where he wants to be.

It can actually be a pain even though it sounds 'cute'.

Back
Top Bottom