Handfeeding again?

Murrdox

From the age of 3 months to about 9 months, my Panther readily handfed just about anything. It was always great fun to handfeed him worms or crickets. Unfortunately as we all know, they get more territorial and a bit less friendly as they get older.

My little guy went off crickets completely for about 8 months. Would only eat worms. Then one day my fiancee got some crickets from the store, since they were out of worms for the moment. She put some in his cage, and low and behold he went for them! I'd tried this MANY times in the past... so I was really surprised. So, he's finally back on crickets. In another month I may try introducing the occasional worm into his diet, but I'm still wary. I just find crickets easier to gutload and supplement than worms.

Anyways, last week I was putting some crickets in his cup, and out of curiosity I tried handfeeding him, and he went right for it! I was quite surprised. I'm wondering if it might be because we moved last year, and since then his cage is in a slightly more high traffic area. He can see me sitting at my desk now, so perhaps he's getting slightly more acclimated to human presence.

Either way I find it odd that he went off handfeeding and now suddenly he's back on it. I'm very much enjoying being able to handfeed him again. It's always lots of fun watching these guys eat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lpjqFmUsOaI

thanks for the video...
i'm trying to get used to the idea of hand feeding crickets.... heck if i can bait a hook with them i ought to be able to offer it to a chameleon!!! ;)

lisa

Back
Top Bottom