Hamm fair this Saturday !

eisentrauti

Avid Member
Hello,

who else is going to visit the worldst biggest reptile fair this Saturday ? For the book worms: Yesterday I got the information from Edition Chimaira that Tilburys new book "chameleons of africa" should be available there ! :D

Best regards
Benny

Unfortunately i can't be there this time.. so Ben you need to make a great reportage!! lots of pics!! ;)
Woooo i've been waiting that book from a long time!!! it seems to be great!!! i will ask to a friend of mine to take one for me.. :D

Unfortunately i can't be there this time.. so Ben you need to make a great reportage!! lots of pics!! ;)
Woooo i've been waiting that book from a long time!!! it seems to be great!!! i will ask to a friend of mine to take one for me.. :D

I can't wait too ! Over 800 pages pure chameleon stuff :)

Hope you have a good show. I'd be surprised if Tilbury's book is already for sale at this Hamm show. It only went to the printer a week ago so unless they just have a few of the first copies off the line, I doubt it will be for sale. Hope I'm wrong!

Chris

I hope you're wrong too!! Anyway the good news is that the book has arrived to the printer!! ;)

So Benny if I send you my list are you going to get them & send them to Jared?
We can just start with more Bradypodium tavetana's and a Furcifer campani.
( do I get points for scientific names) :D

She meant to say Kinyongia tavetana ;)

Tavetanas shouldn't be a problem for your importeurs ? I will send next year CB hoehneliis from three localities, merumontanus, oxyrhina, damaranum, thamnobates, setaroi, transvaalense and maybe uthmoelleri/tenuis. That's all :eek:;)

@Chameleon Loco: It's like everywhere, including the States: If you have enough money, everything is possible...But for this Hamm show I haven't seen a single add with a Calumma species

Have fun Ben. I will be at S.A's 3rd reptile expo in October, really hoping to see some new stuff, and might be working at a stall with Paul.

I was offered a male Parsons the other day he is about 2 maybe 3 years old. Very Blue when I last saw him, price is R8000 thats around $1000. Is that cheaper than the normal U.S and Europe prices?
When I first saw Parsons, they were juveniles, R3800 each thats about $550 each, and there was a whole bunch of them. The male that I was offered for R8000 is one that was bought at R3800, and I know another guy with a pair of them, they seem to do quite well in Johannesburg, I hear of people keeping them outside for most of the year in large bird or monkey cages.

Have fun Ben. I will be at S.A's 3rd reptile expo in October, really hoping to see some new stuff, and might be working at a stall with Paul.

I was offered a male Parsons the other day he is about 2 maybe 3 years old. Very Blue when I last saw him, price is R8000 thats around $1000. Is that cheaper than the normal U.S and Europe prices?
When I first saw Parsons, they were juveniles, R3800 each thats about $550 each, and there was a whole bunch of them. The male that I was offered for R8000 is one that was bought at R3800, and I know another guy with a pair of them, they seem to do quite well in Johannesburg, I hear of people keeping them outside for most of the year in large bird or monkey cages.

Hi,

no, that's the normal price for orange eyes males here. In most cases they are cheaper. The demand isn't really high at the moment- I know of a real CB male orange eyes, two years old, which isn't sold till now, even with a 750€ pricetag

Best regards
Benny

Ok cool.

Im not sure what kind of parsons they are. I saw the male at the beggining of the year, the owner was carrying it on his shoulder walking around an expo....
So it was stressed but it was completely blue.

I've got the book at the end!!! :D
It's really good and well done.. it's full of images and a lots of sheets about all the common species.. it's a new cham's bible!!! ;)

Benny how was the fair? did you make lots of pics right? i'll wait your reportage!!

The book is called "Chameleons of Africa - An atlas. Including the chameleons of Europe, the Middle East and Asia" written by Colin Tilbury.

thanks benny for your information.

Have you got adress for buy this new edition in europe?

thanks

Back
Top Bottom