HALOGEN LIGHT BULB??

Chamchamgirl1234

Hi!
I just my Cham a halogen flooded 60 watt light bulb and was wondering if it’s okay to just put it in the dome and hust put the dome on top of the mesh? I’m pretty sure the mesh is metal. I’m leaving the light on all day tomorrow while I work and I’m scared it might get too hot or burn the mesh and cause a fire... anybody know if I should be worried or not ?

Yes, you should be concerned about that.

If you cannot test the arrangement before tomorrow, leave the bulb turned off while you're gone—it won't hurt your cham to miss one day (usually only a couple of hours) of basking.

Chameleons can & do climb on screened enclosure tops, so if the area is too hot, they can get burns on their feet & elsewhere.

I fixed it! I was too stressed out I just put a hook in the ceiling and suspended it lol. I’m about to move and make him his new enclosure so I’ll invest in a better dome once I do but for now this should work! The halogen light bulbs get really hot so I didn’t want to hurt the little guy ! So relieved now

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 67
Still, you want to test it by putting your bare hand on the spot on the screen. If you can't keep your hand there comfortably, the bulb is still too close. ;)

Back
Top Bottom