Half dark half light

JoXie411

Chameleon Enthusiast
Last night I went to check on the chameleons b4 bed and I noticed Imelda was still dark but only on one side. I’ve seen this on other chameleon while awake but not asleep. I read an old thread on here that it could be from her eggs pushing on her nervous system and preventing color changing. So anyone advise?

Attachments

• 0F5F7B96-AA3C-422C-B3A3-56D583284F40.jpeg
    0F5F7B96-AA3C-422C-B3A3-56D583284F40.jpeg
    231.1 KB · Views: 240
  • 9B9031E9-D7EE-4932-B248-18533D43C1EF.jpeg
    9B9031E9-D7EE-4932-B248-18533D43C1EF.jpeg
    301 KB · Views: 240
Generally, I could be wrong, but generally this is due to the lighting around her. No its not because shes blending into the environment. But it's kind of like when you shine a flashlight on a chameleon how they get lighter, its how you find them in the wild if you're herlong at night. They do it naturally even if they're asleep. It could be an egg thing, but I'm guessing it's just a light thing.

Last night I went to check on the chameleons b4 bed and I noticed Imelda was still dark but only on one side. I’ve seen this on other chameleon while awake but not asleep. I read an old thread on here that it could be from her eggs pushing on her nervous system and preventing color changing. So anyone advise?
did you ever find a reason for this ; my veiled is displaying this same thing and has never looked this way before . just wondering if its an issue of not

did you ever find a reason for this ; my veiled is displaying this same thing and has never looked this way before . just wondering if its an issue of not

In the day time they will darken on the side facing the light naturally to better absorb heat or light while remaining light on the opposite side. I don't have an explanation for this at night. Are you seeing this in your cham day or night?

Years ago I had a Senegal chameleon that I could lay a leaf on and the pattern of the leaf would be on her side when I lifted it of a couple of minutes later. This was so noticeable because of the plain unpatterned colour she had.

Back
Top Bottom