Had my first Veiled three months. and i love him

Dave Bull

Every day the smiles grow.
Tonite i arived from work he was waiting for me i spoke to him called him my little monster ;) so strange he seems to understand look in your own chameleons eyes they have this kind of trust,hard to explain it.....
Anyway fed him some Locust and crickets.
Then he did his i wanna come out to play on front of terrarium so open doors no probs he is straight on my hand :) So off he then goes up curtains to cutain rail his fav place.
But most amazing thing he sits there making out like a cham in wild. every time i walk back in the room he pretends to be a curtain rail. Slims down and drops behind it the most amazing thing i have seen :) I just love these fellas

I understand 100 per cent how you feel! :D These guys are quite simply amazing pets! I love both mine to bits, and the bond you can develop with them is so strong.

Every day the smiles grow.
Tonite i arived from work he was waiting for me i spoke to him called him my little monster ;) so strange he seems to understand look in your own chameleons eyes they have this kind of trust,hard to explain it.....
Anyway fed him some Locust and crickets.
Then he did his i wanna come out to play on front of terrarium so open doors no probs he is straight on my hand :) So off he then goes up curtains to cutain rail his fav place.
But most amazing thing he sits there making out like a cham in wild. every time i walk back in the room he pretends to be a curtain rail. Slims down and drops behind it the most amazing thing i have seen :) I just love these fellas

They are amazing creatures, love them!

Yes is what has amazed me, the bond fisrst month or so he would hiss bite etc now just a little stroke under his chin he wants to come out walk round room etc. Fantastic Animals. Seems i now have to build a bit of a tree structure so he can now be more free.Now planning also an outside enclosure summer is knocking on door here in Northern Germany ;)

Glad you have a guy you love. I just never understand hoe anyone can get a chameleon and not love and care for it properly. But we all love ours, that counts for a lot.

I hope I get that bond with Sayid...I love him but he is still very cautious when I am in his home. He doesn't mind me outside but when I open the door he likes to become a leaf and hide. He has not hissed nor tried to bite me, I have held him a few times, more times he stayed happy green but twice he was stressed dark and suicidal. I just hope he knows I love him!!! :eek:
BTW I saw Pike's photos, handsome!!

That's awesome! You should set him up with a free range. It sounds like he'd love it. And it'd be fun to set up!

Glad you have a guy you love. I just never understand hoe anyone can get a chameleon and not love and care for it properly. But we all love ours, that counts for a lot.

I totally agree Laurie! Whenever I see a cham that is obviously not being kept properly (usually from mis-information) it makes me feel sick inside and I just want to help them all. Sadly that's not possible - I sometimes feel so wretched and helpless when I see chams advertised on our local version of ebay.:mad: Tommy is a rescue of sorts - he wasn't neglected, per se, he just wasn't looked after to my standard - including not being misted properly and only having one (dead) ficus in the viv and a climbing structure. He is my extra special boy and I love him so much.

Back
Top Bottom