Habba mist? foggers and such?

Joann

I had intended to buy one of these and it seems noone likes them?
But the difference between 50 bucks and almost 200 for the mistking is pretty big.

Who owns the Habba mist and makes do with it?
I know they are noisy and the spray is rather big, not a fine mist but it is still useable right?

Right now I work from home but sometimes I have to be gone all day (rarely but it happens).So I still need something that can spray when Im gone.Is there a better solution?

Do cool mist humidifier or foggers work to water the chameleon if set on a timer?

The Fogger is great, but isn't good for most chameleons.

The Mist King rocks for the additional $50. Plus, if you ever need to add more cages its like $15 for each extra misting nozzle you need.

MISTKING is KING!!!!!

save money and time and just get a MistKing! You'll def. be glad you did and so will your Cham! be sure to get the sec. timer to! :D

definately!!! i originally bought the habba mist and all it does it drip out it sprayed a mist like the first two times it went off and just drips after that
i just purchased the mist king with timer and some extra nozzles and parts for 150.00 but like they said theres a starter kit for 99.00 it came in yesterday and im sooooo excited to get it set up!!

I use a Habba Mist. I think they do the job for a small enclosure which is what I have at the moment as I'm getting a juvenille.

As you say many people aren't keen and are using the Mist King systems. I have to say, when it is time for Simba to have a bigger enclosure, I don't think the habba misters have the power to wet a larger area, so I'll probably go for a Mist King then.

At the moment however, I find the Habba mist fine so far, as it is maintaining humidity and will offer opportunity to drink while I'm at work though. The main thing about this mister is that it doesn't really mist, it sprays the water. The humidity in the enclosure has stayed between 60 and 82 according to the readings I've been taking (I'm currently monitoring enclosure to make sure it is right for when Simba gets here on Tuesday :) ) so by spraying the water, for me I think it works well as there's water available for the cham on the leaves straight away (bigger droplets if you like). I also hand mist the enclosure twice a day however, just to make sure he'll be well hydrated and I've read its good for their skin and eyes.

Here's my 'watering' schedule:

8am-mister sprays for 1 minute, just after 8am I hand mist so all plants wet.
11am - mister sprays for 1 minute
2pm - mister sprays for 1 minute
5pm - mister sprays for 1 minute, when I get home from work around 5:15pm I hand mist again so all plants are wet.

Then enclosure has time to dry and its not wet for cham during the night. Lights off at 8pm. Then it all starts again the following day.

Hope that helps

I bought the habba mist when I first got my Cham, it was crap, it didn't work at all plus it doesn't hang in the cage right so I had to put it on the bottom, returned it the next day. In Canada that stupid thing is $110 so I discovered Mist King (Canadian Whoohoo!) and I am just waiting for it to arrive. I use a humidifier right now and it works great plus I use it for me too as my house is dry. My Cham didn't like the fog at first, now he loves to sit it it!

Back
Top Bottom