Guys I need help..

Serbianchameleon

Chameleon Enthusiast
My baby gril panther did not want to shoot her tongue and I wasnt alarmed about that much. But she is SLEEPING in the middle of the day. My other 2 chameleons neger done that when they were little. Is it possible she is juts tired. Dont know where she was and how she was sleeping before I got her and I got her like 18 hours ago.
76202865-83D3-47DE-9DC8-59F49AFE31DA.jpeg

My baby gril panther did not want to shoot her tongue and I wasnt alarmed about that much. But she is SLEEPING in the middle of the day. My other 2 chameleons neger done that when they were little. Is it possible she is juts tired. Dont know where she was and how she was sleeping before I got her and I got her like 18 hours ago. View attachment 283047
People are going to ask you to fill out the form, and you should, but I’d book a vet appointment too. What supplements are you using?

Chameleon Info:
• Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?Female panther chameleon 3 months old. Had her for a day.
• Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? Did not handle her. She is not scared and she eats from my hand but I don’t want to touch her at all.
• Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders? I fed her one cricket one dubia and one dusted cricket with vitamins and calcium. They are gut loaded with carrot and apple.
• Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I dust my feeders with vitamins and calcium every other day. I dont give my chams d3 often because they are usually every day or every second day in open sunlight for like 4-5 hours.
• Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I misted her cage 3 times today and I honestly did not see her drink but her eyes look hydrated.
• Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? Her poop seems too little and the urate part is totally dark orange( i know thats bad)
• History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. Absolutely no history..

Cage Info:
• Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?It is a combo. It is wooden with glass doors and screen on side for ventilation. Its 55cm tall. Like 40cm deep and 50 cm wide.
• Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule? Lights are turned on from 8:00h to 20:00h. Uvb lamp is Arcadia 6% uvb lamp d3 reptile lamp 18w 600mm 24’’
• Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?Basking spot is 29-30 degrees of celsius and ambient is 23-25 celsius. At night its 22 degrees.
• Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? It’s 50% humidity i measure it with digital hygrometer.
• Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? I have one live plant in her enclosure at the moment and it’s benjamin ficus.
• Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? It is on the ground at the moment and the cage of my other chameleon is on too of hers. I will change that. No noise vents or high traffic noise near her cage.
• Location - Where are you geographically located? Serbia, Novi Sad

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about. She is sleeping during the day. I woke her up accidentally and then gave her a cricket and she took it. Now she is normal color and active.

Last edited:
Since you’ve only had her a day, unlikely this is the result of anything you’ve done. I’d ask for all the husbandry info from the person you got them from — but I see you’ve listed history as no history so that’ll be tricky. Also could be stressed induced from being in a new home.

You mentioned her having orange urates — this is also common when first bringing a cham home. Give her a few poops to get back to normal.

If you don’t know the history of the animal, it’d be wise to take them to the vet and get a fecal test done ESPECIALLY if you have other chams in the same room. I’d give her a few days to get settled in and see if that helps reduce her sleeping during the day.

Since you’ve only had her a day, unlikely this is the result of anything you’ve done. I’d ask for all the husbandry info from the person you got them from — but I see you’ve listed history as no history so that’ll be tricky. Also could be stressed induced from being in a new home.

You mentioned her having orange urates — this is also common when first bringing a cham home. Give her a few poops to get back to normal.

If you don’t know the history of the animal, it’d be wise to take them to the vet and get a fecal test done ESPECIALLY if you have other chams in the same room. I’d give her a few days to get settled in and see if that helps reduce her sleeping during the day.
Okay thank you!

She had scabies in her poop!?!?! What am I supposed to do? She has no parasites but she had scabies in her poop..
what do you mean by this? Did you take a picture?

I was a bit concerned when I saw your initial post. She looked very thin. I would get a fecal tested and make sure you do not cross contaminate ANYTHING between cages. Make sure your washing your hands.

what do you mean by this? Did you take a picture?

I was a bit concerned when I saw your initial post. She looked very thin. I would get a fecal tested and make sure you do not cross contaminate ANYTHING between cages. Make sure your washing your hands.
I did a fecal and she is parasite free but there was two Sarcoptes scabiei in her poop.

I dont know if its just from a cricket or its more in her.. anyone had this problem?
I think you need to get a real fecal done and a vet visit... if she does have what you say she has these are highly contagious not only for you but for your other chams and any other animals you have.

How knowledgeable are you when it comes to doing fecals? Depending on her prior care there is no telling what she was exposed to or may have.
I dont know what do you mean sorry. I did a fecal test with the vet and he said she doesn't have any parasites but he found two Sarcoptes scabiei in her poop.

I dont know what do you mean sorry. I did a fecal test with the vet and he said she doesn't have any parasites but he found two Sarcoptes scabiei in her poop.
Then the vet needs to tell you how to treat for it. I would imagine it would be an oral medication since they burrow under the skin. All I know is if it is scabies these are highly contagious. Yucky little things.

Can someone post a photo of scabies in on chameleon if there is any cases of that? Im not sure how is that possible to get in my cham. Im not sure if he is a bad vet because he said he found only two scabies mites but hes not sure blah blah blah... but he is the only reptile vet in my town..

Can someone post a photo of scabies in on chameleon if there is any cases of that? Im not sure how is that possible to get in my cham. Im not sure if he is a bad vet because he said he found only two scabies mites but hes not sure blah blah blah... but he is the only reptile vet in my town..
post a thread with title specific to this hun so people that would have an idea see it...

So guys I have an update. The vet literally took my 50$ to tell me pretty much everything that I already know. Both bacterias are generally normal to be in her if she is acting normal and she is too small to make a good dosage of antibiotics. She is not sleeping when the lights are on and that is good! And about the tongue: the vet thinks its about calcium. So I will keep giving her calcium on every feeding like I did before going to vet. So at the end I actually tossed 50$ to hear things I already know..

Back
Top Bottom