Gutloading!

Cobalt145

Hey, just some questions about gut loading. I'm really just trying to see what the different opinions are on this because I realized one of the ways I've been doing it isn't super popular. I use some veggies, carrots, kale, etc but I also use a DIY mix of Flukers cricket chow, calcium without D3 and multivitamins. I mix and add a drop of water to make like a dryish paste. The crickets love it but I've never been super sure about it so I always dust. Any thoughts? Am I just wasting my time with the mix?

Even well gutloaded feeders should still be dusted according to the recommended schedule unless they are spending enough time outside each day with real sunlight, in my opinion. I generally will only use the fresh gutload on the bugs I am feeding off the next day or so. I personally wouldn't waste mixing the calcium in, but have been known to dust vitamins onto the gutload from time to time. It is difficult to know for sure if a chameleon is getting enough supplements this way, but perhaps others have been successful?

so far I've been doing this for about a year and I haven't seen any problems with it like I said though I do also tend to dust and feed veggies just in case so idk.

Do people grind up the kayle, carrots, etc. into a paste? I just throw in organic blackberries, carrots, and greens as they are without doing anything to them....is this wrong?

Do people grind up the kayle, carrots, etc. into a paste? I just throw in organic blackberries, carrots, and greens as they are without doing anything to them....is this wrong?
No, I mix the flukers cricket food with the dusting vitamins but a veggie smoothie for them also sounds cool :)

I'm really no expert which is why I was looking for opinions on the way I was doing it but as far as I know I don't think there's a problem with it

I often get fresh fruits and vegetables and throw them in the blender, also add repashy superload or cricketcrack for nutritious value and to absorb the moist of the greens... I then make icecubes and feed those off, it has worked well for me.
Recently I started to just feed fresh fruits and vegies and give the feeders that are about to be fed some Stickytongues Vit-all the day before.

Back
Top Bottom