gutloading crickets...... question

Campy

i feed my crickets potatoes . is that good enough? or should i change it up w/ other stuff

you need to feed them alot more than potatoes...........

at the minimum use good dog food and fish food flakes.............just grind it all up.

Potatoe flakes.............soy milk powder...........fresh veggies.

Mine get a salad everyday....carrots, potatoes, sweet potatoes, yellow squash, green squash, egg plant, romaine lettuce, kale, and spinach. I also have a guinea pig and a bearded dragon so I make up salads for them every morning as well. I also feed my crickets fluckers cubes and dry food along with their salad. Keep in mind...the saying you are what you eat holds true. If you want a healthy cham feed your feeders well.

well being on a student budget . i can't afford all of that .... soo...

potatoes, some veggie scraps that i get, peppers, carrots, (brain fart)..., lettuce... oh... the brain fart was celery... would that be sufficient enough for a supply of gutload?

I've looked for the WER gutload several times lately and it isn't on their site anymore. I'm hoping they are just out of it right now. I haven't used it, but everything I've read says it's the best gutload out there.

I've looked for the WER gutload several times lately and it isn't on their site anymore. I'm hoping they are just out of it right now. I haven't used it, but everything I've read says it's the best gutload out there.

You can email them about it. They make it in batches, and they would be able to tell you when their next batch will be available.

The price for WER gutload is very reasonable, and even a college student should be able to afford it.

Heika

gutloading crickets

I gutload my crickets with a mixture of powdered milk baby rice cereal wheat bran and coconut. I mix everything even. I use a cup of each one and shake real good in a big rubbermaid container. I also feed carrots and kale and potatoes. I use the powdered milk so the chameleon will receive extra calcium. When I mix a batch up it will last about a month. I have been using this method when I first started getting into chameleons 3 years ago. Remeber that whatever the crickets eat will nourish the chameleons. I hope this helps you.

Back
Top Bottom