"Gutload" Sauce

SarCastin

Instead of "gutloading" feeders, would it be terrible to make a gutload sauce to dip feeders into immediately before feeding? Standard dusting for supplements then a quick dip in the sauce.

I just wonder if this way would be certain the feeders would provide gutload while still consuming typical foodstuffs that promote feeder health.

Also, the concoction might hinder the movements of most feeders.

I just don't know if my veiled would like the flavor.

Nope.... We gutload to make them the best feeder nutritionally we can provide.
And then you have to use the correct supplementation on the feeders prior to feeding to balance the calcium to phosphorus ratio of the bug itself.

chameleon-gutload.jpg

Nope.... We gutload to make them the best feeder nutritionally we can provide.
And then you have to use the correct supplementation on the feeders prior to feeding to balance the calcium to phosphorus ratio of the bug itself.

View attachment 292675
Hey @Beman , I've seen these wonderful care sheets referred to throughout these forum posts and was wondering if there was somewhere here on the forum where these are all stored for easy reference? They're fantastic and so concise with pertinent info. I actually wanted to print a few of them out and throw in a binder to keep on hand for every time I can't remember things like the ideal humidity range, ratio for gutload materials, etc. while standing at the enclosure.

Hey @Beman , I've seen these wonderful care sheets referred to throughout these forum posts and was wondering if there was somewhere here on the forum where these are all stored for easy reference? They're fantastic and so concise with pertinent info. I actually wanted to print a few of them out and throw in a binder to keep on hand for every time I can't remember things like the ideal humidity range, ratio for gutload materials, etc. while standing at the enclosure.
Here you go!
https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/images/

Yep here is the link and there is a download option there as well. You can save the image to your phone for when you go shopping or print it out. :) https://www.chameleonforums.com/care/images/

What species do you have? These are the care images I like for species are on the chameleon academy site that Bill Strand does... scroll down the page to your species click it. Then click the image. You can print that one as well https://chameleonacademy.com/caresheets/

What species do you have? These are the care images I like for species are on the chameleon academy site that Bill Strand does... scroll down the page to your species click it. Then click the image. You can print that one as well https://chameleonacademy.com/caresheets/
Thanks!! I have a veiled cham and these care sheets are great for him! The Cham Academy stuff is great also....I've already read just about everything on Bill's side 2-3 times and listened to some of his key podcasts!! LOL

You can feed most of your feeders the basic diet and then gut load the lucky few that are going to be had over for dinner with your chameleon eat the gut load 24-48 hours prior to feeding.

Back
Top Bottom