Gutload preparation

hilizanne

Hi. I have the recipe for preparation of gutload and most of the ingredients. But how in the world do you prepare all of this in a coffee grinder? I am confused, because 3 cups of alfalfa are not even fitting into a blender, and a coffee bean grinder is so much smaller. There probably is an easy answer that I am missing somewhere. Advice appreciated!

Ok I think I just thought of an answer. Mix it all up in a big container and then scoop it out little by little. Right? I am going to go ahead and post this question because I already wrote it, and I would appreciate advice from those with experience with this.

I use a food processor and or salad shooter to chop or grate the vegetables in batches and then mix it all in a bowl. I then make logs of it in baggies to freeze. I saw off as much of the log as I need at a time. I place the log portion on paper towel scraps to defrost in the bugs container.

I use a food processor and or salad shooter to chop or grate the vegetables in batches and then mix it all in a bowl. I then make logs of it in baggies to freeze. I saw off as much of the log as I need at a time. I place the log portion on paper towel scraps to defrost in the bugs container.
LOL, I'm going to ask the wife if I can buy Christmas food logs. If she buys it, do you ship?

Coffee grinder is great because it makes a fine powder that your you can sift mealworms out of, etc, but a lot of them are small so yes you have to go cup by cup. Depending on how many bugs you have it may be wise to infest in a larger grinder. For a single colony of roaches, a small grinder should suffice you can make small batches

Back
Top Bottom