Gutload ice cubes

Forum members already tried this? And had good results with it?

Made my gutload and proportioned it in ice cubes. Which go in the freezer and by time take one out, the night before, and feed it to my feeders.
Just put in the first fresh load and they’re all over it!

View attachment 293574View attachment 293576

That's my method. I usually make a few different "blends" so there's a little variety from week to week. I throw them in the same bag and just alertnate between the colored cubes (those with blueberries are purple, those with mostly pumpkin may be orangeish, those mostly greens are green, etc). I also add Repashy's BugBurger and/or Superload to the mix, as well as spirulina, bee pollen, and papaya seeds.

It makes it a lot easier to feed everyone when I only need to throw an ice cube or two in the bins.

That's my method. I usually make a few different "blends" so there's a little variety from week to week. I throw them in the same bag and just alertnate between the colored cubes (those with blueberries are purple, those with mostly pumpkin may be orangeish, those mostly greens are green, etc). I also add Repashy's BugBurger and/or Superload to the mix, as well as spirulina, bee pollen, and papaya seeds.

It makes it a lot easier to feed everyone when I only need to throw an ice cube or two in the bins.
Good one, never tried to add Arcadia Insectfeul, but I’ll give try as well (why did I never think about that 🤦🏼‍♂️)

I believe Arcadia's insectfuel is mostly spirulina but thats what's I use for my spirulina mixture, ive had more success(insects eating it all) feeding in cubes, rather than the way they direct you to use it lol
Crickets do like it the most, when just fed the way they advice to use it. My next gut load mixture, I´ll add the insectfuel.

I gutload just like this :) all greens, veggies, single fruit (to cut down on sugar) and extras like bee pollen and spirulina go into the blender. @nightanole is right - it tends to spoil pretty fast. I’ve found it lasts a little longer when placed on a paper towel, but I’ve got about 400 dubia at the moment and they destroy it within a day. I saw it mentioned several times here that you can just plop a cube into your bin and walk off, but I like to thaw mine out and offer it as a paste. I use this along with Repashy Bug Burger cooked into a gel

Back
Top Bottom