Gutload ice cubes

Sonny13

Chameleon Enthusiast
Forum members already tried this? And had good results with it?

Made my gutload and proportioned it in ice cubes. Which go in the freezer and by time take one out, the night before, and feed it to my feeders.
Just put in the first fresh load and they’re all over it!

22031F17-B4BA-4462-AF02-0E4A721902D8.jpeg
7911C471-AD38-462E-BF58-DDD4A540646A.jpeg

Forum members already tried this? And had good results with it?

Made my gutload and proportioned it in ice cubes. Which go in the freezer and by time take one out, the night before, and feed it to my feeders.
Just put in the first fresh load and they’re all over it!

View attachment 293574View attachment 293576
I’ve never tried that so I’m not sure, nor have I personally seen it on the forums, I have seen people do it with silkworm chow though. What did you use to make it? Most chameleon owners use fresh produce within these categories

Attachments

• 59B8B0DB-941F-41FB-AECA-90FAF6F496C7.jpeg
    59B8B0DB-941F-41FB-AECA-90FAF6F496C7.jpeg
    200.8 KB · Views: 116
Yes. I have/do make the cubes. It's so easy. Just pop a cube into your bin and walk away! You never have scraps to clean up if your colony is big enough. And they eat a lot of the variety instead of one or 2 veggies scraps.

I like to keep to the chart posted above, using 70% greens, 15%other veggies, and 10%fruit, and 5% others...but I think it is a great way to gutload.

I’ve never tried that so I’m not sure, nor have I personally seen it on the forums, I have seen people do it with silkworm chow though. What did you use to make it? Most chameleon owners use fresh produce within these categories
Used cat. 1till 3 from leaflet accept the cat. 4 items. Because I didn’t had them, for now 😉. In total 8 different ingredients.

I also have been doing this ever since I started my colonies. Works great with no wasted food scraps to mold or pick out.
You can make up a big batch and put them in the freezer so you don't have to worry about gutload. Yours is a little different color tho, usually it's green.

I spread my mixture into a large shallow Tupperware container and freeze it. It comes out of the container as a thin sheet and I break it up with the handle of a butter knife. Stick all the broken pieces in a ziplock baggie and it’s feeder food for a whole month. Love it!

I also have been doing this ever since I started my colonies. Works great with no wasted food scraps to mold or pick out.
You can make up a big batch and put them in the freezer so you don't have to worry about gutload. Yours is a little different color tho, usually it's green.
👍🏻👍🏻 works pretty good. Color, could be due the banana.

I spread my mixture into a large shallow Tupperware container and freeze it. It comes out of the container as a thin sheet and I break it up with the handle of a butter knife. Stick all the broken pieces in a ziplock baggie and it’s feeder food for a whole month. Love it!
Also a great idea 👌🏻

Back
Top Bottom