Gut Loading Superworms?

Curious as to what some of you are using for bedding in your drawers/ tubs of worms and how long it takes your worm to devour what weight of food. About five months ago I stopped using straight bran for my bedding and changed over to using Manna pro sho rabbit food for worm bedding. As far what they're actually fed, bee pollen, @Matt Vanilla Gorilla dry gutload, carrots, sweet potato, bell peppers, zucchini, three kinds of squash and mixed greens.

Curious as to what some of you are using for bedding in your drawers/ tubs of worms and how long it takes your worm to devour what weight of food. About five months ago I stopped using straight bran for my bedding and changed over to using Manna pro sho rabbit food for worm bedding. As far what they're actually fed, bee pollen, @Matt Vanilla Gorilla dry gutload, carrots, sweet potato, bell peppers, zucchini, three kinds of squash and mixed greens.
I’m only on my first batch of superworms ever, but I use straight wheat bran, spoon in some cricket crack, and veggies on a lid for a water source. Seems to work so far. There’s also stuff called Superchow(made by cricket crack guy) that I’m waiting to try.

I’m only on my first batch of superworms ever, but I use straight wheat bran, spoon in some cricket crack, and veggies on a lid for a water source. Seems to work so far. There’s also stuff called Superchow(made by cricket crack guy) that I’m waiting to try.

My main drawer has ~2000 or so worms in it. They go through about 1/2 lb of veggie mix in roughly two hours or less. But, here is the reason I brought up the bedding. They do eat the bedding too (mine at least do lol) and bran alone has this for nutrional value.

Screenshot_2018-09-25-21-34-03.png

I had started looking around a few places and stumbled on some keeping their worms in alfalfa pellets. In my looking around at various forms of alfalfa I ran across that one. I was already doing yogurt once a month for probiotics at the recommendation of @Matt Vanilla Gorilla. When I found that rabbit food with probiotics I asked him about it and have been using it since. Though vit a, b 12, d3 and e are in the ingredient list they only specify the vit a level at 3000 iu/ lb min. In the scheme of things it may not matter much since my chams only get supers once a week unless the first feed day of the new month is another bug then they get 1 that day along with what they normally would get with part of a vit a liquid pill on the super. Here is the analysis of the rabbit food for comparison to the bran though.

Screenshot_2018-09-25-21-34-16.png

Super worm i gutload with my dry roach gutload as a 50/50 oat bedding and dry gutload and then feed them every night fresh veggies so they finish it within the day. Superworm guts are extremelt simple in the larvae form so they dont hold gutload for long so doing a 24/7 healthy feed is what you want

Back
Top Bottom