Gut Loading Superworms?

cwarfield

So I have a regular feeding schedule for my veiled cham, alternating between crickets and superworms. I gut load my crickets with a calcium feed, and dust them with calcium with and without D3 on the recommended schedule, along with a multivitamin. I do the same with my superworms. But is there any way of gut loading my super worms like I do the crickets?

I can’t exain why but I do know that super worms do not take a gutload well. They can take one, it’s just nothing compared to crickets and Dubai.

What kind of gutload are you using?

I can’t exain why but I do know that super worms do not take a gutload well. They can take one, it’s just nothing compared to crickets and Dubai.

What kind of gutload are you using?
For the crickets I use Flucker's High-Calcium Cricket Diet

Crude protein: 20%
Crude fat: 5%
Crude fiber: 9%
Moisture: 14%
Ash: 27%
Calcium: 8%
Phosphorous: 0.6%

Cricket Crack has been recommended to me (I believe by you actually), and I just received it from amazon. Do you think it's superior to the Flucker's I'm currently using?

Superworms devour fresh vegetables, I use collard greens, dandelion greens, carrots, kale etc.dusted with bug buffet or cricket crack and I've even added bee pollen,, but it doesn't stick to any thing but itself. i figured this was gutloading them decently
Awesome thanks, I'll give it a try.

I don't remember if fishmeal will cause the issues that other meat products do. I'm off to read SandraChameleon's posts. I'll get back to you.

OK ideally your gut load should have a very limited amount of grains and no fishmeal. Grain's are high in phosphorus and meat fed (including fish) feeders can give chameleons gout. you could use it occasionally but not as a primary source of gut load.

OK ideally your gut load should have a very limited amount of grains and no fishmeal. Grain's are high in phosphorus and meat fed (including fish) feeders can give chameleons gout. you could use it occasionally but not as a primary source of gut load.
It’s not my primary gutload at all...

That’s the sweet potatoes/carrots/mango and bee pollen that they get every other day. Even though they like it, I only use it when supplies are running low (ex: needing to go to the grocery). The bee pollen is the first thing to go on my roaches, crickets food tray.

Back
Top Bottom