Gut load dish or bowl to present to feeders

BryanP

Avid Member
I use cricket crack and bug burger as my staple gut load for both my roaches and crickets.

How are other people presenting it to their feeders?

The bug burger "patties" I just drop in wherever but with the cricket crack being powdered I typically make a 3 sided foil boat and use that.

Just looking for a more elegant solution...

With my roaches, I just drop the food in. With crickets, I tried various little flat ‘dishes’ but found I really don’t want to have to clean cricket poop off anything. Now I just put the cricket food on small pieces of foil. Not elegant but it works and no cleaning cricket poop.
I’d suggest adding some fresh greens and veggies to your gutload.

I was under the impression that those 2 gutloads were stand alone by themselves...

What veggies are best to add?
Honestly I’m not sure if the commercial gutload scan be used by themselves. I guess they could be, as they are packed full of nutrients. I use Bug Burger as more of a supplement to fresh foods as it would get pretty expensive for me. There have been a few times when I’ve been lazy and just dropped some Bug Burger in my roach bins to tide them over. I give the same produce that I give my beardie…arugula, watercress, collards, dandelion greens (when I can find them), various squashes, carrot, bell pepper, blueberries, raspberries, etc. I avoid the greens that bind to calcium like spinach and kale.

1641662941448.png
But cereally, I do pretty much the same as MissSkittles; I'm gutloading just by the veggies I drop into the roach bin. Never used/tried the commercial stuff except for some Hi-Cal Cricket Diet.

I use cricket crack and bug burger as my staple gut load for both my roaches and crickets.

The bug burger "patties" I just drop in wherever but with the cricket crack being powdered I typically make a 3 sided foil boat and use that.

I use an old sushi dish I have. Small, shallow and easy to clean. I also have a little medicine cup for the crickets with rock in it for water. Works well and they don't drown but use it a lot!

I use plastic cat food can lids! Shallow cheap and can rinse and wash in dishwasher

I just put my fresh veggies on small paper plates both for the roaches and the crickets. Easy clean up. Take the old out and put new in.

Back
Top Bottom