Gut Load and hand feed

Uvagohoos

Hey since I got my Veiled Chameleon back and June and ever since I got her I've been gutloading her food with kale. The reason I picked this is because I am a swimmer and it is the top food for us swimmers to eat because it offers a world of nutritious values. Web MD also has it as the top vegetable for humans to eat and placed it in the collard green category. However the other day when I was going through the list of good gut loading food because I had run out of Kale I noticed it was separate from collard greens and in the good category? I hadn't noticed this the first time I was looking at the gut loading list and it has me worried is Kale one of the best or just good

2. How can I get my chameleon to learn to hand feed

You need to Gutload your feeders with a large variety of fresh fruit and veggie. I also recommend a good dry Gutload such as Cricket Crack to go along with the fruits and veggies. Your chameleon needs a large variety of nutrients that wouldn't be found in any one item.

Just keep offering different food items by hand and eventually she will come around. Does she get any out of the cage time? Normally they are much friendlier when out of the cage.

Okay that's good to now I wish I had learnt that earlier and yea she spends at least 30 minutes a day out of her cage. She's very friendly and loves being held but she still won't eat out of my hand

Okay thanks so much for all the help I just made a run to the grocery store and purchases like 20 difrent gut loading foods and some dry stuff

Back
Top Bottom