Guess the pet…😆

UPDATE:
So, a few days ago I found another toad and(against my better judgement) decided to put Tiny Tina(my toad) And Big Joe (the toad I just found recently) together. Well, turns out although people have been saying that Tiny Tina is in fact a girl, she is a HE. It all started when I woke up, put my socks on, and decided to go check on the two toads that I had put together for the night. Tiny Tina was "on top" of Big Joe and I thought, could this be what I think this might be? I picked up Tiny Tina and she started chirping. I put her back in the tank, and after about 3 minutes, she was back "on top" of Big Joe, chirping again. after a bit of research, I found out that only male toads make noises(including chirping) and that the females are larger than the males.( which Big Joe is) So, it turns out that Tiny Tina is a Tiny Tim, and Big Joe is now a Big...Bertha? I havn't decided on a name for her yet, so you guys can give me ideas if you want! Also, if they really have mated, what should I do? This may be a dumb question, but toads do toads lay their little eggs in water or they live bearers or something else? I don't know much about toads but I would love to know more!(Will be attaching pictures of the toads)

This is the girl(have not decided on a name yet)(quarter for size comparison)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 71
And this is them together.(obviously) You really can’t see how big the girl is, she’s so pretty!(for a toad😉)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    353.5 KB · Views: 71
Great! Yes, they look awesome.
Maybe if the quarter was in the original pic we would have determined it to be male. I personally thought it was about the size of the one in your last picture. :) Are you going to let them bred? Keep us updated. Toads are great.

Ya, it's hard to determine size based of of pictures alone.

I would love to let them breed, but I don't have any experience in breeding toads(or reptiles/amphibians in general) so I would probably need some assistance, but I think it would be so much fun!

Well, not an expert here, but there are seasons and even prep time such as hibernation etc...

Many breeders have rain chambers, use chemicals to induce breeding. Good Luck! Keep us updated.

These 2 might open the door into a new hobby. :)

UPDATE:
So, a few days ago I found another toad and(against my better judgement) decided to put Tiny Tina(my toad) And Big Joe (the toad I just found recently) together. Well, turns out although people have been saying that Tiny Tina is in fact a girl, she is a HE. It all started when I woke up, put my socks on, and decided to go check on the two toads that I had put together for the night. Tiny Tina was "on top" of Big Joe and I thought, could this be what I think this might be? I picked up Tiny Tina and she started chirping. I put her back in the tank, and after about 3 minutes, she was back "on top" of Big Joe, chirping again. after a bit of research, I found out that only male toads make noises(including chirping) and that the females are larger than the males.( which Big Joe is) So, it turns out that Tiny Tina is a Tiny Tim, and Big Joe is now a Big...Bertha? I havn't decided on a name for her yet, so you guys can give me ideas if you want! Also, if they really have mated, what should I do? This may be a dumb question, but toads do toads lay their little eggs in water or they live bearers or something else? I don't know much about toads but I would love to know more!(Will be attaching pictures of the toads)
1628869090446.png

It depends on the exact species. Most—but not all—frogs & toads lay their eggs in water, and those hatch into a tadpole stage. Some do not.
https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-1-d&q=do+all+toads+have+tadpoles?

Most of my interests are the out of the ordinary critters. Obsessed you can say.
Check out these species of toads- copy paste and watch some videos... Fascinating
1. Midwife Toad
2. Giant Surinam Toad (Pipa Pipa)
3. Dwarf Surinam Toad ( Pipa Parva)
4. Darwin's Frog (some call it a toad but that is up to science I guess).
5. Spadefoot toads
6. My fav.. Yellow Spotted Climbing Toad (Josh's frogs has them for 99 bucks a pop).
7, The Japanese Giant Toad-----
8. Rococo Toad (my fav Giant Toad). Similar to Cane (more color and rounder).
There is one here in CA small area Black Toad--- would like to get my hands on one of these beauties.
That's all my little brain can remember for now. :)
If you want to go FROG wild, then we can really get the Party Started.. So many oddities there.
Check out the Leaf Frogs and their egg laying adaptations (one species that has no tadpole stage). :) (y)
Then follow all the different Waxy Frogs--- Ohhhhh my! I better stop or I will be setting up some new habitats.

Here is what I am working on now for my White's Tree Frogs.
18X18X24 exo terra-- working on the filtration and water system so I can keep some fish with them.

Attachments

• PXL_20210715_180705318.jpg
    PXL_20210715_180705318.jpg
    188.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom