Guess I got carried away with the superworms

SMCNARY

Established Member
erugeba2.jpg
yhuja3yn.jpg
2uqu2age.jpg
asuryve8.jpg
7u4yze4y.jpg

I'm jealous of your operation, I haven't had the time to set up my superworms to breed in a while but I have to soon. They look like they're doing well!

Lisa, the worst part is ( if you remember ) that is just 1 of 4 tubs I have going not including the breeding tubs!!! :rolleyes:

I do remember! I still have some of the ones I got from you last time!!!! Sounds to me like you need to start selling some and making a bit of pocket change!!!!!!

Black beetles are what the worms become so that they can lay eggs. That is a nice load of superworms pal. I had this problem X10 with crickets. I ended up having more than I could handle, I began giving them away to my neighbor, until one day the dog knocked over their bin and hundred of the ba$tards scattered across my backyard...I had no choice and I ended up culling the herd with Ortho...

How long does it take the egg to hatch and grow into a superworm?

It depends on the temperature to some degree but it took mine about 5 months from the time I started to when the worms were full adult size.i could see some movement in the substrate after about 6 weeks or so after I removed the beetles. I had worms large enough to feed in about 31/2 months but they were still not large enough to pupate yet. Hope that helps but if you have any other questions feel free to hit me up!!!
Steve

I'm jealous of your operation, I haven't had the time to set up my superworms to breed in a while but I have to soon. They look like they're doing well!

Thank you!!! They are eating me out of house and home the little pigs :D

I do remember! I still have some of the ones I got from you last time!!!! Sounds to me like you need to start selling some and making a bit of pocket change!!!!!!

I have been selling some and I was thinking you would need more soon :eek:

ha ha ha

This happened to me today, I just bought some meal worms a few days ago and went to get one today and they are all bugs now LOL, How am I able to mate them so I can save some money on buy them all the time ???

This happened to me today, I just bought some meal worms a few days ago and went to get one today and they are all bugs now LOL, How am I able to mate them so I can save some money on buy them all the time ???

Meal worms or superworms ? They are done differently

I have been selling some and I was thinking you would need more soon :eek:

Thanks Steve, but .... I've still got some of the first ones I got from you!!! :D
Our guys are on a diet,,, crickets and roaches only,, until they lose some weight.. (I do slip Stanley a strawberry on occasion!)

Back
Top Bottom