Grubs

AmandaS

Retired Moderator
Anyone know what kind of grubs are these?

Or...does it even matter? Is it "a grub is a grub is a grub" kind of thing??

0726201144a.jpg
0726201144.jpg

Anyone know what kind of grubs are these?

Or...does it even matter? Is it "a grub is a grub is a grub" kind of thing??

View attachment 273101View attachment 273102

Contact Peter clausen from Bugs in Cyberspace

http://www.bugsincyberspace.com/#2805

He can get you materials to raise a few up to adulthood so we can see what species they are.

However they are safe for feeding, just an fyi, beetle grubs can deliver a painful bite, so make sure your feeding them to larger animals.

Agreed. Probably a good idea to smash their head.

If you ever want to try raising some, I recommend harlequin flower beetles. Got them from bugs in cyberspace. They are one of the few that can live communally and reproduce all in one bin. Just need some fruit for the beetles and leaf litter for the grubs.

Agreed. Probably a good idea to smash their head.

If you ever want to try raising some, I recommend harlequin flower beetles. Got them from bugs in cyberspace. They are one of the few that can live communally and reproduce all in one bin. Just need some fruit for the beetles and leaf litter for the grubs.
I have seen your threads on them. Pretty little beetles.

I did not smash their heads, but my beardie went to town on them. Lol. My chameleon is receptive and she is much more interested in escaping than eating right now. She didnt even look at them hardly. And my baby cham....i was too scared to feed them to him.

And btw, where did you get all of those grubs haha?
From my flower bed. I pulled out a millet bush i had been growing for my birds. There are tons more. I figured Id let the rest do their thing. Hahaha. Planning on putting my ficus in that bed.

I have seen your threads on them. Pretty little beetles.

I did not smash their heads, but my beardie went to town on them. Lol. My chameleon is receptive and she is much more interested in escaping than eating right now. She didnt even look at them hardly. And my baby cham....i was too scared to feed them to him.

I bet, I havent fed my guy any grubs yet, he's unsure about them. Mostly prefers good old fashions roaches lol. Grubs are supposed to be fatty though, so if he just tried it he'd probably find out he likes it.

From my flower bed. I pulled out a millet bush i had been growing for my birds. There are tons more. I figured Id let the rest do their thing. Hahaha. Planning on putting my ficus in that bed.

Do you know what they were feeding on?

I bet, I havent fed my guy any grubs yet, he's unsure about them. Mostly prefers good old fashions roaches lol. Grubs are supposed to be fatty though, so if he just tried it he'd probably find out he likes it.
Yes, same with Spring. She always like the fatty worms the most. Go figure. Who wants a granola bar when they can have cake? Lol

those look to me like pachnoda grubs, and they bite! smash there little heads before feeding or you will get bitten
I did not get bitten at all since i refuse to touch them. But my husband had a bunch laying in his palm, and he also did not get bit. Also, the beardy chomped them up too fast for them to even have a chance of biting her. Lastly, the only other pet that ate them were the fish, and they swallowed them whole.... ?‍♀️

Last edited:
I did not get bitten at all since i refuse to touch them. But my husband had a bunch laying in his palm, and he also did not get but. Also, the beardy chomped them up too fast for them to evwn have a chance of biting her. Lastly, the only other pet that ate them were the fish, and they swallowed them whole.... ?‍♀️

What kind of fish do you guys keep?

What kind of fish do you guys keep?
Plecostomus, rainbow shark, and 2 fish that were sold for 10 cents feeder fish..each that started off silver and are now orangish gold. Theyre bigger than my pleco fish.

Hope they can digest them....but by the time they ate them the grubs werent moving anymore.

Plecostomus, rainbow shark, and 2 fish that were sold for 10 cents feeder fish..each that started off silver and are now orangish gold. Theyre bigger than my pleco fish.

Hope they can digest them....but by the time they ate them the grubs werent moving anymore.

Nice, I miss having aquariums

Nice, I miss having aquariums
I want to do saltwater. I think theyre ao much more beautiful.
But I am too wrapped up in switching jobs, buying a house, and now being my child's teacher...I dont want to kill my saltwater tank, so I will wait.

I want to do saltwater. I think theyre ao much more beautiful.
But I am too wrapped up in switching jobs, buying a house, and now being my child's teacher...I dont want to kill my saltwater tank, so I will wait.

Yup I can get that. I'm in a similar boat. Saltwater is a pretty steep learning curve at first and over the months/years becomes pretty simple. Reefs are beautiful, but if I was to do it again I'd go for something weird like cuttlefish, a mantis shrimp, or maybe seahorses. There are so many options with saltwater... I love how you can make cool refugiums too for the beneficial fauna/flora

Back
Top Bottom