Growing up :)

Beman

Social Media Manager
Staff member
Now 15 inches long from tip of nose to end of tail at 7 and a half months old. So crazy that he fit on my finger when I got him. :)
2-16-19.jpg

Weight or it didnt happen. Still GG for trying to measure the fella :)
Weight two weeks ago at a Vet was 96 grams. I do not have a scale. He has had a full shed since then. So all I know for sure is length. I measured several times and kept getting about a 15 inch for full length. His grip is pretty intense and really strong.
Do you recommend having a scale?

I personally like to keep a gram scale on hand with a perch, but I also tend to be overly paranoid! It was originally purchased for my cockatoo, who struggles with her weight (underweight, low appetite) every couple years. It's proven useful for keeping an eye on Karma as well!

That's actually pretty similar to the scale we have at work! I just have a standard digital gram kitchen scale from Walmart haha :)

That's actually pretty similar to the scale we have at work! I just have a standard digital gram kitchen scale from Walmart haha :)
I was thinking about doing a regular kitchen one but I don't think there is a chance in hell he will stay on it. That was why I was looking at this one. I like that you can alternate between the different sized perches as well. They have some other bird ones but they are more expensive. How do you use the regular one? Just set something on it to grab on to?

I was thinking about doing a regular kitchen one but I don't think there is a chance in hell he will stay on it. That was why I was looking at this one. I like that you can alternate between the different sized perches as well. They have some other bird ones but they are more expensive. How do you use the regular one? Just set something on it to grab on to?

Yeah, I just set something on it for him to grip. An appropriately sized bowl or something generally works well. Those bird perches can be pretty handy though!

Back
Top Bottom