Grow light

Ambilobe123

Avid Member
So I have a temporary free range setup for my ambilobe panther, and a tropical grow light for the plants (umbrella tree, pothos, spider plant). Leo loves climbing the wire onto it, as the surface warms to about 85 degrees Fahrenheit. Alongside the uvb it produces, is this okay for longer than 30min-hour? Should I not let him climb it?

image.jpg
Here he‘s in his favourite place, just below the light. I’ve tried moving the wire so he could not climb it, but he instead went for his heat lamps. (He was not burned, but I put the wire back and he never touched the lamps again)

If you go to the hard ware store, the have "on the wall" wiring. Basicaly sticks to the wall and holds the wires. It looks nicer and is easier to keep wires out of reach.

If you go to the hard ware store, the have "on the wall" wiring. Basicaly sticks to the wall and holds the wires. It looks nicer and is easier to keep wires out of reach.
When I don’t let him climb the wire, he’ll climb onto his viv and attempt climbing his lamps, which is much worse, so idk if that’ll help.

When I don’t let him climb the wire, he’ll climb onto his viv and attempt climbing his lamps, which is much worse, so idk if that’ll help.

Ultimately the harder you try to stop him, the harder he will try to climb it. This has been my experience, lol. Sometime I have let them explore, and the get over it, sometimes I just have to put it up way out of the way with holders.

Also I don't know if it helps, but I use this material as a wall. I do not know why but my male will not climb on it.
IMG_0833.jpg

Ultimately the harder you try to stop him, the harder he will try to climb it. This has been my experience, lol. Sometime I have let them explore, and the get over it, sometimes I just have to put it up way out of the way with holders.

Also I don't know if it helps, but I use this material as a wall. I do not know why but my male will not climb on it.
View attachment 272913
Thx, any thoughts about whether the temp. is good enough? I’m pretty sure the uvb is good, any thoughts otherwise? He can also access his viv from the setup, and does have sufficient heat/uvb there.

Thx, any thoughts about whether the temp. is good enough? I’m pretty sure the uvb is good, any thoughts otherwise? He can also access his viv from the setup, and does have sufficient heat/uvb there.

I keep Yemen Chams. So I am really not sure on panthers. I try to stay focused on the one species, but man those panthers are nice.

I keep Yemen Chams. So I am really not sure on panthers. I try to stay focused on the one species, but man those panthers are nice.
The temp. would be good, but I’m worried about the heat transfer. He goes up there when he’s cold, and based on fecal examination, seems fine.

Back
Top Bottom