Grow light issues!

Tyaeda

Established Member
I recently put a 24 Watt grow light on top of my enclosure for the schefflera plant I have, but I only used it because I just happened to have it lying around for something else. Is it ok? Or should I go higher or lower?

I think that's a good choice actually. The colour temp is good, being towards 6500k. even at 24watts it should be bright enough to help a Shef.

i just bought one with 6700k color spectrum. heres hoping my schefflera will perk up. its dropped a ton of leaves since i first got it.

I had to get rid of the schefflera, it had aphids. Seems to be doing better outside... but that doesn't do Mr.Pink's house any good.

I had to get rid of the schefflera, it had aphids. Seems to be doing better outside... but that doesn't do Mr.Pink's house any good.

Most plants just need more light..

and one thing to keep in mind is the screening on top will cut down some on the light passing through. By 20 - 40% depending on how dense it is.

HO T5 (high output) flo. tubes or doing double bulbs instead of just one strip will usually do the trick.
:)

Cheers!
Todd

Back
Top Bottom