Grow light help!

Ares05

Chameleon Enthusiast
What grow lights are you using? I have not had good luck with SANSI...

My enclosure currently has schefflera, pothos, and bromeliads.. any ideas?

Thanks!

What grow lights are you using? I have not had good luck with SANSI...
Which Sansis? There are 13 listed on their site.
I have the pads, and everything's growing fine.
You do have to check the penetration, which can vary from light to light. Not all models are good for plants lower down toward the bottom of a 4' enclosure.

Thank for the replies!

@Beman and @emilhayek, how long have those lasted for you?

@Klyde O'Scope, I'm using the SANSI 36W Daylight LED. My plants grow pretty well with it, even said though the light goes out very fast and some of the LED chips go out within a few days of purchase. I don't know what could be causing this but its happened every time. For 40$ each I don't want to keep buying defective lights that dont last.

Thank for the replies!

@Beman and @emilhayek, how long have those lasted for you?

@Klyde O'Scope, I'm using the SANSI 36W Daylight LED. My plants grow pretty well with it, even said though the light goes out very fast and some of the LED chips go out within a few days of purchase. I don't know what could be causing this but its happened every time. For 40$ each I don't want to keep buying defective lights that dont last.
I have used T5 daylight bulbs for the last 2 years. typically do not have to replace the bulb but every year or so when it burns out. These fixtures I have been using now since like what June? I don't remember lol. But they were not nearly as expensive as my last quad that fried 2 times within a year.
@nightanole told me to buy these bulbs as replacements, he said they last a really long time. I have not had to replace mine yet but I did order these ones to do so with when they need it. https://www.bigalspets.com/zoo-med-ultra-sun-6500k-super-daylight-t5-ho-lamps.html

Hmmm... Those bulbs, like everything they sell (even thru Amazon) are warranteed for 5 years.
That's one of the reasons (along with 50K hrs. vs. 10K hrs. life for a T5 fluorescent) I got the pads.

5-year warranty ( US & Canada only )

• All SANSI products include a full 5-year warranty ( US & Canada only ). If you encounter any quality issues during this period, feel free to contact us by [email protected].
So you shouldn't lose a cent. Have you contacted the company directly?

So far this is my 3rd time buying the light. The first time around it lasted 6 months.. second one lasted 3 months... and this one only lasted about 2. So something is definitely wrong with the lights. The first two times I thought I was just getting unlucky.

I contacted amazon today and they said they would give me a refund along with a brand new light for free, once I send back the defective one. Though I have not contacted the SANSI company directly yet.

I have the same Sansi 70w plant lights that @Klyde O'Scope has and so far, they’ve been keeping hibiscus alive along with everything else. I’ve been using 2 of them for well over 10 months with no problems. I did have some plants die but those were in the shade due to my poor planning.

Just found out my Missus just ordered 2 of the 36W bulbs (before this thread started).
Guess we'll see what happens. ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom