Grossss.....lol

Hyokenseisou

So my male veiled cham, he's 5 months old. I took him to a reptile educational show type thing yesterday, and he took it like a champ, not once did he get dark and cranky (which is VERY surprising for a cham. All the other reptile owners were like "How did you get such a nice cham!?! He doesn't look stressed at all!!!") He was curious and active the whole time.

Anyways, just now, I was taking him out for a minute just as our daily interaction (which is why I think he's so friendly, I handle him so much he likes it now), climbs to me, then climbs on my shoulder as always. He kind of stopped moving around after a bit of wandering, looked around, and I was poking at his back and normally he just goes "meh" and just doesn't care. But this time he just opened his mouth a little (but no hissing or puffing up) as a "heeeeeeyy!..." then as I used my hand to pick him up from a bit behind and under to put him back, he quickly grabbed my finger with his one foot tightly, pulled it close in and against his bumhole.. and starting rubbing his bum on my finger... I just stood there as a "wtf is going on!?! You sicko! Rubbing your bum against me!?!?" I couldn't get my finger loose to stop him.... When he was done he let go then ditched back to his tank... Stop of like a "K I'm done, now get off me" type thing lol.
Sort of like when my male cockatiel is horny, he'll go find his favorite pillow and rubs up against that while doing all the mating signs...

Now my questions are:
At what age do males become sexually interested?
As I'm not familiar with chameleons breeding, would this seem like a sign of him wanting to breed?

Like I said, I'm not familiar with breeding... But his actions sort of lead me to believe that he wants too... It's just REALLY odd that he wants to do it with my finger. O______o
This is the second time he's done it, the second time being more intense (first time happened about a week ago).

Sounds like he was just rubbing his vent on you. They do that sometimes (like cleaning off poop and sperm plugs.)

Consider it bonding? :D Someone on here had to wear a glove and let their male hump their hand every once in a while! Males are ready at about 6 months I believe, but this is not necessarily when you should put them with a female, it's just when they start leaving sperm plugs everywhere and such.

Welcome to the " I have been humped by my Cham club". I am sure he would prefer a female cham, but males chams are any port in a storm type guys.:eek:

Lol some 'bonding'.... Lol that's gross... having to wear a glove to let a cham hump.... LOLOLOL And lovely that he'll be leaving sperm plugs all over the place. D: What do they look like?

And I don't want to join the "I've been humped by my cham" club lolol!! :( Bad enough my bird and dog like to try and hump me. :( As much as I love chams and the idea of breeding, I don't think I'd be ready for that! So just because he wants lover, doesn't mean he's gonna get one, lol.

first day I'm holding my Spectral she warmed up and wiped a big one on my finger right after the photo that was posted.
not sure if it likes me or thinks I'm a toilet, but she is cute.

you're not alone. :p

Harry

laurie;508652]Welcome to the " I have been humped by my Cham club". I am sure he would prefer a female cham, but males chams are any port in a storm type guys.:eek:

Lmao Laurie i can't stop laughing. :p

when my male first seen my female and i knew he was sexually mature he was rubbing his vent over me. i just now realized what he was doing after reading this thread. :eek: gross haha!

Lol some 'bonding'.... Lol that's gross... having to wear a glove to let a cham hump.... LOLOLOL And lovely that he'll be leaving sperm plugs all over the place. D: What do they look like?

And I don't want to join the "I've been humped by my cham" club lolol!! :( Bad enough my bird and dog like to try and hump me. :( As much as I love chams and the idea of breeding, I don't think I'd be ready for that! So just because he wants lover, doesn't mean he's gonna get one, lol.

They are kind of clear-ish and look kind of like boogers...

Welcome to the " I have been humped by my Cham club". I am sure he would prefer a female cham, but males chams are any port in a storm type guys.:eek:

Ha! I am a member of the club. Do we rate a subforum?

Our Guido was in love with my left hand. I had to be very careful around him in order to avoid his advances. We bought him a rainbow chameleon beanie baby. he worked her over for 2 days. Didn't like the fuzz. Next we tried stuffing a green garden glove and placing it in his free range. That worked better. Finally we gave in and got him a real live female veiled. He came crashing out of his trees like King Kong. After that my left hand was safe and happy. :eek:

Last edited:
Ha! I am a member of the club. Do we rate a subforum?

Our Guido was in love with my left hand. I had to be very careful around him in order to avoid his advances. We bought him a rainbow chameleon beanie baby. he worked her over for 2 days. Didn't like the fuzz. Next we tried stuffing a green garden glove and placing it in his free range. That worked better. Finally we gave in and got him a real live female veiled. He came crashing out of his trees like King Kong. After that my left hand was safe and happy. :eek:
BWHAHAHAH that's awesome. XD

Cheers guys, I so needed cheering up today and reading this thread has had me rolling around laughing. At least i`m not only toilet around the forum - each time we go to the vet Gizzy decide`s to climb onto me and poop :eek: I guess it looked pretty funny last time having to stop and stick her out of the window, but she didn`t mind, the girl has no shame at all :rolleyes:

Glad we could cheer you up. I'm in a pretty good mood to begin with, but every time I come back to check on this thread only to find out someone else is a toilet/sprem rag makes me laugh even more. I totally love how a lot of animals have no shame. For instance, my dog: comes into my room, comes over to me where I'm sitting on the floor, FARTS, then leaves. Everytime. It's like he hold it in just to fart beside me then bail out.

Back
Top Bottom