Greyish spots on my Cham head

Crazyi

Hi all, just notice there is a greyish colour dot on my Cham head, anyone know what that is ? It happened after her skin shedding.

Attachments

• 4AE2AD20-34AE-41EF-BB47-CDFCC29EDECE.jpeg
    4AE2AD20-34AE-41EF-BB47-CDFCC29EDECE.jpeg
    178.7 KB · Views: 78
Hi and welcome! :) What a beautiful girl you have! It almost looks like that on that one scale the shed may have pulled away before it was completely ready. It doesn’t look like an injury or abnormal growth to me. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about right now.

Hi and welcome! :) What a beautiful girl you have! It almost looks like that on that one scale the shed may have pulled away before it was completely ready. It doesn’t look like an injury or abnormal growth to me. I don’t think it’s anything to worry about right now.
Thanks 😊 and I am really appreciate that I got a quick response here 🥰🥰 I am just worry it is a papilloma😢

Grey dot looks ok to me.
You do have to watch a female veiled's diet and temperatures thought of she won't have reproductive issues. They produce eggs even when not mated and overfeeding them and keeping them too warm, once they are adult, can lead to eggbinding and huge clutches and follicular stasis... and death.
You also need a proper place in the cage for her to go to lay any eggs she might produce.

It does not look like papilloma to me. Papilloma has a very distinct look of pulling at the edges of the scale and texture as the growth raises up. Keep an eye on it but at this point it still looks normal to me.
Thanks for the explanation, that dot seems like just on one of her scale however it raise up a tiny bit like a pimple…….

Thanks for the explanation, that dot seems like just on one of her scale however it raise up a tiny bit like a pimple…….
Just keep an eye on it. Use the search bar in the forum for papilloma. It will pull up some threads with examples.

My understanding is that they can have it from prior contamination of another reptile. Since it is viral it can lay dormant until you see the visible signs. I still do not see papilloma from the grey dot. Based on all the pics I have looked at it just does not look like the same thing to me. I would still advise watching it. If it grows then you have cause for concern.

Oops...I apologize....I posted papilloma info in the wrong thread...it's not a papilloma! So sorry about that. @Brad can you delete posts 13 and 15 (my posts) for me please?

Again...I apologize.

Oops...I apologize....I posted papilloma info in the wrong thread...it's not a papilloma! So sorry about that. @Brad can you delete posts 13 and 15 (my posts) for me please?

Again...I apologize.
I had a feeling that is what happened with the other thread going on at the same time. lol

My understanding is that they can have it from prior contamination of another reptile. Since it is viral it can lay dormant until you see the visible signs. I still do not see papilloma from the grey dot. Based on all the pics I have looked at it just does not look like the same thing to me. I would still advise watching it. If it grows then you have cause for concern.
Thanks 🙏 I do a bit on research on papilloma, and to be honest nothing similar but time will tell. Also, I got her from the same breeder , all other are fine till now.

Back
Top Bottom