Grey Poop Healthy Poop?

Haven27

Hello,
I just recently became the keeper of a beautiful young male veiled cham! He came from professionals I trust and they have been in business for 35+ years caring for reps and herps and offering advice to us animal lovers. I got him on the 21st, and he has since eaten very well, I don't see him drink as often as I'd like, but I have seen it, and he's given up 2 bowel movements. My concern is that the part I'm used to being brown with my other reps is actually grayish with him. Should I be concerned? Pics provided!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 242
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    70.6 KB · Views: 266
Here is a pic of the cute little bugger. This is Davie Mo Jones! MoJo for short. :):p:D

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    386.9 KB · Views: 252
What feeders are you using? The Urate is orangey towards the bottom, which signifies dehydration. Do you have a misting system/dripper or both? Or do you hand mist? If so, how often? I can't tell 100%,but it looks like he's not fully digesting whatever he is being fed...

What feeders are you using? The Urate is orangey towards the bottom, which signifies dehydration. Do you have a misting system/dripper or both? Or do you hand mist? If so, how often? I can't tell 100%,but it looks like he's not fully digesting whatever he is being fed...
Thank you for replying, all! A hotter basking light improved the digestion and now all we are worrying over is his urates that are small and more yellow than white. He's going to be getting an automatic mister soon and he just ate 4 small hornworms for hydration for today! :rolleyes::D

Hornworms are great for that!! I love them. My boys get two giant ones a week to keep their poo picture perfect ;D
Cute little cham, btw!!

Hornworms are great for that!! I love them. My boys get two giant ones a week to keep their poo picture perfect ;D
Cute little cham, btw!!
If two a week help keep them up to par, I'll do it! Also, thank you! :LOL::LOL: I always tell him he's so pretty and he looks at me like "Don't you try to eat me. I'll hiss!!"

Curious as to what my southern neighbours are paying for a hornworm?
In Canada, Ontario I pay 2$/hornworm at the reptile or pet shop.

Back
Top Bottom