Grey color on my Chams head

gage25

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - Male veiled chameleon he is about 11 months old. He’s been in my care for 6 months
  • Handling - 1-2 times a week he’s pretty good with handling.
  • Feeding - I mix between crickets Dubai roaches and horned worms 10 crickets or 5 medium/large Dubai roaches or one horned worm every other day
  • Supplements - Repticalcium no d3 every feeding accept when he gets his vitamins or calcium with D3. Every Other Saturday I dust with calcium with D3 (Zoo med Reptivite)
  • Watering - I have a large dripper dripping onto his leaves all day and I mist 2-3 times a day I don't see him drink but his urge is mostly white with a little yellow.
  • Fecal Description - Pretty long squishy poop irate has some yellow
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage 2’x2’x4’
  • Lighting - 75 watt white basking bulb uvb I have a 1 foot long zoo med fixture with a t5 5.0 reptisun bulb
  • Temperature - basking spot is 85-90 cage floor is 70 the bottom of the cage has a dial thermometer and basing spot is measured with the zoo med probe the cage came with. lowest temp at night is 60
  • Humidity - humidity is at 70 percent he has two big live plants and some fake plants
  • Plants - yes, a dracaena and a yucca repotted in organic soil with no fertilizer
  • Placement - he’s been at my parents house for a week sitting on the floor low traffic room
  • Location - Idaho

Current Problem - just Wondering what the grey on his head is and if he is healthy
EB572AAE-1609-4F43-82D4-BF5563E2A5DC.jpeg

Attachments

• A8CB6502-F438-4097-AE3A-004B4D1DBA3A.jpeg
    A8CB6502-F438-4097-AE3A-004B4D1DBA3A.jpeg
    196.7 KB · Views: 78
  • 237E44BC-DBFB-4DB3-9F0E-D50773130CFC.jpeg
    237E44BC-DBFB-4DB3-9F0E-D50773130CFC.jpeg
    205 KB · Views: 70
  • 21D3A646-F6F8-4AD7-B4E5-115048E7D598.jpeg
    21D3A646-F6F8-4AD7-B4E5-115048E7D598.jpeg
    164.7 KB · Views: 101
Chameleon Info:

• Your Chameleon - Male veiled chameleon he is about 11 months old. He’s been in my care for 6 months
  • Handling - 1-2 times a week he’s pretty good with handling.
  • Feeding - I mix between crickets Dubai roaches and horned worms 10 crickets or 5 medium/large Dubai roaches or one horned worm every other day
  • Supplements - Repticalcium no d3 every feeding accept when he gets his vitamins or calcium with D3. Every Other Saturday I dust with calcium with D3 (Zoo med Reptivite)
  • Watering - I have a large dripper dripping onto his leaves all day and I mist 2-3 times a day I don't see him drink but his urge is mostly white with a little yellow.
  • Fecal Description - Pretty long squishy poop irate has some yellow
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:

• Cage Type - Screen cage 2’x2’x4’
  • Lighting - 75 watt white basking bulb uvb I have a 1 foot long zoo med fixture with a t5 5.0 reptisun bulb
  • Temperature - basking spot is 85-90 cage floor is 70 the bottom of the cage has a dial thermometer and basing spot is measured with the zoo med probe the cage came with. lowest temp at night is 60
  • Humidity - humidity is at 70 percent he has two big live plants and some fake plants
  • Plants - yes, a dracaena and a yucca repotted in organic soil with no fertilizer
  • Placement - he’s been at my parents house for a week sitting on the floor low traffic room
  • Location - Idaho

Current Problem - just Wondering what the grey on his head is and if he is healthy
View attachment 223823
I'm not a veiled keeper but it doesn't look to me like anything to worry about at all.

Your husbandry appears good but your UVB tube appears to be right at the back behind the heat lamp. Ideally this would be for the full width of enclosure and placed around mid point between front and back. This gives the best coverage and shade provided by plants if the little guy needs it.

As it's only a 1 foot tube, you may want to consider either a better fixture and or a 10% tube.

If you do change it, the Arcadia T5HO units are excellent!

I'm not a veiled keeper but it doesn't look to me like anything to worry about at all.

Your husbandry appears good but your UVB tube appears to be right at the back behind the heat lamp. Ideally this would be for the full width of enclosure and placed around mid point between front and back. This gives the best coverage and shade provided by plants if the little guy needs it.

As it's only a 1 foot tube, you may want to consider either a better fixture and or a 10% tube.

If you do change it, the Arcadia T5HO units are excellent!
Thank you I will get a longer light fixture and the 10% bulb thank you!

there is nothing to be worried about, i would change the uvb to 10.0 arcadia and like @SharpShooter mentioned i would make the bulb the width of the cage, humidity levels should be around 50 and 60, 70 is a little high but other than that you're doing a great job!!

Back
Top Bottom