Greens for my Veiled! Help!

Mlipinski

So I was curious the best way of getting some good greens in for my chameleon. I shredded a little bit on kale and carrots in for the crickets to eat. Is that ok? Tomorrow I’m going to try kale an carrots in the enclosure for my veiled and see if he goes for it. Thank you for your help.

Veggies should only be fed to the insects you feed him. You don’t need to give veggies to your veiled. They can’t digest them. Veileds do like to munch on the leaves in their habitat. It’s thought that maybe it helps with digestion but that’s not proven yet. As long as you have veiled safe plants in his enclosure let him munch them if he wants.

I’m not a big fan of kale for feeding my feeders. It has a higher level of oxalates (that bind to calcium) than some other greens. I use a variety like arugula, watercress, mustard or turnip greens, dandelion greens (when I can find them), collards and some chard. You want to feed your bugs a varied diet. Attaching gutloading (& feeder) graphic…it should help. Oh, and as @Lindasjackson already said, veileds have no need for anything other than live insects to eat and live safe plants in their enclosure if they want to nibble them. :)
78EAB583-8159-4EDC-BB09-9AA14E6D1587.jpeg
09FF2B49-2E7F-4FE9-A132-D6957E0195BF.jpeg

very helpful thank you
Veggies should only be fed to the insects you feed him. You don’t need to give veggies to your veiled. They can’t digest them. Veileds do like to munch on the leaves in their habitat. It’s thought that maybe it helps with digestion but that’s not proven yet. As long as you have veiled safe plants in his enclosure let him munch them if he wants.
very helpful thank you

I’m not a big fan of kale for feeding my feeders. It has a higher level of oxalates (that bind to calcium) than some other greens. I use a variety like arugula, watercress, mustard or turnip greens, dandelion greens (when I can find them), collards and some chard. You want to feed your bugs a varied diet. Attaching gutloading (& feeder) graphic…it should help. Oh, and as @Lindasjackson already said, veileds have no need for anything other than live insects to eat and live safe plants in their enclosure if they want to nibble them. :)
View attachment 312545View attachment 312546
Thank you so much

So I was curious the best way of getting some good greens in for my chameleon. I shredded a little bit on kale and carrots in for the crickets to eat. Is that ok? Tomorrow I’m going to try kale an carrots in the enclosure for my veiled and see if he goes for it. Thank you for your help.
I have found my vieled likes collard greens. They ate highest in vit k and a and i put it in a vase like flowrrs with water half way and keep it in the frig and it keeps a long time. Cut pieces from the top and set them on a ledge or bowl till your vieled find it. Change everyday! his fecal.gets dzrker when he eats greens so dont be alarmed

Back
Top Bottom