Greenhouse...Orchids to Chameleons

GsChameleons

Hello everyone! I'm new to the forum (just joined heheh :) but I've kept chameleons for over 3 years along with a variety of other reptiles, I currently keep a colony of Pygmy chameleons and 1 male ambilobe blue bar panther chameleon named Julian, and he is spoiled (free ranged) ! Anyway Im a big dreamer but I think this might be a realistic goal, I currently keep an orchid house a 6x8 greenhouse that is heated year round, 55 at night and 70 day, I still love orchids but I'm interested in starting my own chameleon breeding business....Just vend at reptile shows and see where it goes from there.... I will install a mist king that goes off twice a day. I heat the greenhouse with a vented propane heater (no worry about carbon dioxide leaks) and in the winter when the days are short I will install Mercury vapor bulbs over each of the chams. I have an alarm set to my phone and my iPad if the temp gets below 50 I will raise this to 60 when I move the chams in. We will be building our own enclosures... I am self sufficient on crickets and also plan to raise superworms as well... Lastly I have a spare room where I currently keep some frogs and my pygmys, but there I slots of room for baby chamelon setups.... Anything else I'm forgetting? any advice would be apreaciated I would love to talk to someone who has experience keeping a Cham greenhouse, but anyone with any advice is apreaciated! Thank you guys so much!! :)

Welcome to the forum, you are now a member instead of a lurker!

You did not mention a UVB light source, most greenhouses let no natural sun into them, so be sure you cover the UVB needs.

CHEERS!

Nick:D

Back
Top Bottom