greenhouse ideas? help me

joshuadh2310

Established Member
So if i wanted to build my own greenhouse type deal for some chams what would be the best way of going about it and what size should i build. i have two chams.

I'm not sure what size would work for a chameleon, I'd think that a large cage would be better than a greenhouse. You can buy pre-fabricated greenhouses in almost any size, but I built one for my iguanas years ago using pvc pipe and window screen.

hmm yeah maybe just building a large outdoor enclosure would be better. honestly im not sure the good things about a greenhouse? maybe someone with one can chiming on it vs a outdoor cage.

I'm not sure what size would work for a chameleon, I'd think that a large cage would be better than a greenhouse. You can buy pre-fabricated greenhouses in almost any size, but I built one for my iguanas years ago using pvc pipe and window screen.

How did your iguanas like the greenhouse? Was it their permanent Home or was it just for a safe outside time?

My grandpa has a greenhouse where he houses over a thousand different orchids. It has all sorts of monitoring systems, misters, hygrometers, heaters, etc, and he has kept frogs in there as well. The only issue was feeding. There aren't that many insects in a greenhouse and there's an abundance of space where you'd need to look in order to find the animal you're housing. If you want I could ask him the specs of his greenhouse, how it's insulated, and much more.

How did your iguanas like the greenhouse? Was it their permanent Home or was it just for a safe outside time?
It was just safe outside time. We lived in Central Florida at the time, so there was an abundance of hibiscus bushes. I built their outside enclosure around a massive one, and it was their favorite place in the world... They had a little play pool in there, too but primarily used it for pooping in!

My grandpa has a greenhouse where he houses over a thousand different orchids. It has all sorts of monitoring systems, misters, hygrometers, heaters, etc, and he has kept frogs in there as well. The only issue was feeding. There aren't that many insects in a greenhouse and there's an abundance of space where you'd need to look in order to find the animal you're housing. If you want I could ask him the specs of his greenhouse, how it's insulated, and much more.
that would be great!
It was just safe outside time. We lived in Central Florida at the time, so there was an abundance of hibiscus bushes. I built their outside enclosure around a massive one, and it was their favorite place in the world... They had a little play pool in there, too but primarily used it for pooping in!
and yeah i live in north florida so i was thinking about making a big screen closure maybe around a tree and slap a bunch of plants in it for shade. this would only be for some time not a permanent outside thing. just to get some real sun maybe a few hours.

that would be great!

and yeah i live in north florida so i was thinking about making a big screen closure maybe around a tree and slap a bunch of plants in it for shade. this would only be for some time not a permanent outside thing. just to get some real sun maybe a few hours.
That's exactly what we did! They really did love it, if you have the space I'm sure your Cham will appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom