Green veiled chameleon looking pale/yellowish green

merisah98

Hi everyone! I made changes to my enclosure yesterday and adding more coverage and a longer linear UVB. Is it normal for a green veiled chameleon to look pale/yellowish green after all the changes?

Changes in their environment can cause them to show different colours. It’s like you put them into a new territory and they feel uncomfortable for a while.
Can you post a photo of your chameleon please?

image.jpg

Changes in their environment can cause them to show different colours. It’s like you put them into a new territory and they feel uncomfortable for a while.
Hi! I took a good amount of pics! Also I noticed that my humidity is staying around 59 but this is after I added more coverage in. Let me know if I need to make any adjustments TY!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    180.4 KB · Views: 43
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    190.9 KB · Views: 34
Also excuse the zip ties 😂 I’m waiting until tomorrow to cut them/ melt the edges as she was getting super pale/white yesterday

@Beman thanks! 😊 also, is it normal for her to kinda just be in shock after all the changes? Basically just sitting on that same plant & looking around?

Yep, totally normal. Trying to make sure she is still the only one there lol
One more sorry! What if she’s slanting sideways and turning a bit pale/yellow from time to time? I don’t have a picture now, but she didn’t start doing that until I added more plants/branches in

Yeap the chameleon slant is real and good. Loveing the new uvb
Ah your boy looks very nice!! 😍 & Ty also that makes me feel a lot better! I think I’ve just been on edge with her since the beginning because I got her from Petco, so wasn’t in the best condition at first

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you based in? I’m in FL and I’m having a real hard time for temp drops at night… I ordered a evaporative cooler since the house stays at 77 degrees but I still think it’s too high and I can’t lower the air in the house as it’s not my house :/… the lowest I can get it now after adding all the coverage in is 77 and with a second misting session after humidity drops to 45-55, I can get it to 74-75 ish, but that’s about it

Also, if you don’t mind me asking, where are you based in? I’m in FL and I’m having a real hard time for temp drops at night… I ordered a evaporative cooler since the house stays at 77 degrees but I still think it’s too high and I can’t lower the air in the house as it’s not my house :/… the lowest I can get it now after adding all the coverage in is 77 and with a second misting session after humidity drops to 45-55, I can get it to 74-75 ish, but that’s about it
Hi. :) Such a cute little lady! If you are able, try taking her outside for very short amounts of time for some natural sunlight and uvb. I just take mine out on my hand as we aren’t out for more than a few minutes. You could use a small plant though if you like.
I’m on the space coast of FL and also have trouble achieving that night time temp drop. The best I can do is around 70-72 at night. Because of this, I don’t fog at night. I do run the mister for a couple of very brief 15 second periods for a small humidity boost up to around 60% or so. You do want to make sure your daytime humidity is between 30-50%. 59% is a bit too high for daytime. I have to run a dehumidifier to keep my humidity down. Making sure to keep your full ventilation of the screen enclosure is important too in helping keep humidity down.

I'm also in Florida about 17 miles from Lake Okeechobee. I've put Ice packs on top at night to get a temp drop. My boy Gojira was wild caught in Labelle by my daughter.
Hi. :) Such a cute little lady! If you are able, try taking her outside for very short amounts of time for some natural sunlight and uvb. I just take mine out on my hand as we aren’t out for more than a few minutes. You could use a small plant though if you like.
I’m on the space coast of FL and also have trouble achieving that night time temp drop. The best I can do is around 70-72 at night. Because of this, I don’t fog at night. I do run the mister for a couple of very brief 15 second periods for a small humidity boost up to around 60% or so. You do want to make sure your daytime humidity is between 30-50%. 59% is a bit too high for daytime. I have to run a dehumidifier to keep my humidity down. Making sure to keep your full ventilation of the screen enclosure is important too in helping keep humidity down.
Thank you to you both! This honestly helps me tremendously!

I haven’t misted this morning today as I’m waiting for a drop and unfortunately I don’t have a dehumidifier 😭, but need to get one for sure! I’ve been running my ceiling fan on low, left the enclosure open a bit, and turned the AC on that way it drops so I can mist :)

She’s doing A LOT better but still scratching her eye a bit on branches, but I know she’s doing that due to the high humidity level!

I’m going to start taking her outside soon, but want to wait until she’s off antibiotics as we only handle her for now to distribute oral antibiotics :)

Also, is it okay to just gutload discoids with just repashy & is it necessary to gutload silkworms ( they are eating their chow, but I’m aware that they can’t survive unless they have their chow) any thoughts?

@merisah98 said…”is it necessary to gutload silkworms ( they are eating their chow, but I’m aware that they can’t survive unless they have their chow) any thoughts?”…their natural diet is mulberry
leaves…do You have any trees or ornamental weeping mulberry trees where you live?

@merisah98 said…”is it necessary to gutload silkworms ( they are eating their chow, but I’m aware that they can’t survive unless they have their chow) any thoughts?”…their natural diet is mulberry
leaves…do You have any trees or ornamental weeping mulberry trees where you live?
I’m not entirely sure, but I can definitely look into it! If anything, I can order it online

Also, I think Yoshi has RI 😞 she has her tail completely curled, keeps gaping, pointing her nose up in the air, closes her eyes from time to time, & is acting a bit lethargic..

She’s on Ciprofloxacin and I dosed her yesterday, is there anything I can do on my end to try to cure it or do I need to contact the vet?

7A3267D3-CC08-4252-A9EF-ABED954BCC06.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom