Great experience with DIYCAGES

rcdrivertim

Well here we go, I ordered a 24x24x48 from them on Wednesday. Shipped same day! Got it 2 days later (today). I was very happy with their service. I was all excited, as was Gonzo, for his new cage. When I went to assemble it a few of the pieces were bent. It was damaged in shipping. It looked like FEDEX placed something on it and it crushed a few areas. I attempted to put it together and see if it work work but, no luck.

I called DIYCAGES and spoke to Al. I explained everything. He could not have been nicer and more apologetic. Not many companies offer that level of customer service anymore. He immediately said he will take care of it! He was not able to ship today because it was to late but, he promised Monday shipping for sure.

In closing, I looked over the cage quality and it was great. The way they have the screen setup without any spline is amazing. No more worrying about separating spline. I also liked how the lower front (below the main door) had a door to take out substrate or slide in a drainage setup or whatever you needed. I would not hesitate in recommending DIYCAGES to anyone. Now Gonzo will have to wait until Tuesday or so for a new cage.

Yea I have 3 of the 24x24x48 and I could not be happier. Here is picture I think maybe they use spline and then a plastic covering or maybe the plastic covering somehow acts as the spline.

Attachments

• spline(1).jpg
    spline(1).jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 95
Yea I have 3 of the 24x24x48 and I could not be happier. Here is picture I think maybe they use spline and then a plastic covering or maybe the plastic covering somehow acts as the spline.

A pic from the other side might be helpful. Trying to figure out how you would replace the screen if it got torn. Screen is fragile and should be user replaceable.

The other side is the front so nothing there. You would remove the plastic insert you see in the picture to replace the screen

The other side is the front so nothing there. You would remove the plastic insert you see in the picture to replace the screen

Ok, thanks. I get it now. It uses plastic extrusion in the spline groove instead of rubber. Pretty good idea. I wonder how hard it is to remove/replace.

Yes, I think it is. It is worth the money compared to other cages of the same size. Also, the customer service is excellent.

I have the exact same cage. What are you doing for drainage, if anything?

I haven't done anything for drainage. I was going to buy a water tray from LLL but have yet to do so. DIYCAGES has one but they are our of stock. The water trays are about the same and I think would hold as much as need be. I am not mechanically inclined to really build anything. The Drainage tray should work perfect for me. It's like $40 including shipping.

Back
Top Bottom