Great Chameleon Breeders in Cleveland, OH

knc01

My previous chameleon just passed away unfortunately but, I am looking to buy another over the summer. I'm from Cleveland, OH and was wondering if anyone new any reliable and great chameleon breeders that I could purchase one from? My last one was from PetSmart and after talking to other people, I was unaware their chameleons, and other chin stores, tend to have a ton of health issues so I am looking to avoid that! Thank you!

My previous chameleon just passed away unfortunately but, I am looking to buy another over the summer. I'm from Cleveland, OH and was wondering if anyone new any reliable and great chameleon breeders that I could purchase one from? My last one was from PetSmart and after talking to other people, I was unaware their chameleons, and other chin stores, tend to have a ton of health issues so I am looking to avoid that! Thank you!
Oh man so sorry for your loss. How long did you have him/her?

Sorry to hear about your chameleon and welcome to the forum. Are you looking for a specific species? What was your last chameleon?

Edit: I looked and saw you had a veiled. I know @jannb will be having some beautiful babies around April that should be ready to home in the summer.
I was interested in another veiled chameleon most likely or a panther!
I’ll be sure to message @jannb

Sorry for your loss. You will want to make the changes in husbandry that I gave you for the last one. Also you will need to clean his cage thoroughly to ensure that you do not contaminate a new cham. Were you able to get the fecal done to see if it was a parasite issue?
Thank you. And unfortunately not, he hadn’t gone to the bathroom and so I couldn’t get a fresh sample before I took him to the vets. They said he was too small as well to run any blood tests.
I took apart and cleaned it cage so it is ready for the next one and I’ve been messaging people so this new one will have better husbandry too! :)

330 or 216 4 life!

I'm glad you're taking in all the husbandry tips, this forum is teaming with very experienced keepers. My only recommendation would be to research until your vision blurs and brain goes numb. You may stumble onto the reason of your short lived friends untimely passing. Best of luck and please keep us in the loop we love to help.

Do you know what killed him? And how to prevent it from reoccurring
I’m pretty sure he had parasite. I took him into the vet, told them exactly how I was taking care of him and they said I was doing everything really well for being a first time chameleon owner. Although they were unable to test for parasites because I didn’t have a fecal sample to bring in and he was too small to draw a bloody sample, I’m pretty sure he passed because he had a parasite. The vets had given me calcium injections and antibiotics injections hoping that they would help improve but the next day when I went to give him his injections he passed shortly after.

Back
Top Bottom