Great cages for babies!!!

Hello everyone, today BocaJan(Naomi) told me about these cool cages that are normally used for butterflys, but do well for baby chameleons and she went to go get some and got me 3. She came and dropped mine off by my house and they are fantastic. I love them to death and they are perfect size and everything. Here are some pics of them and the link below is if you wish to order them. Enjoy

http://www.livemonarch.com/store_enclosures.php

Opps forgot the pics

1st picture-One side of the cage
2nd picture-1 clear side for good view of inside
3rd picture-Front of cage
4th picture-All 3 of them:)

Attachments

• Clea 3-28-10 008.jpg
    Clea 3-28-10 008.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 198
  • Clea 3-28-10 009.jpg
    Clea 3-28-10 009.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 146
  • Clea 3-28-10 010.jpg
    Clea 3-28-10 010.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 150
  • Clea 3-28-10 011.jpg
    Clea 3-28-10 011.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 152
yeah I've watched the videos and it says that it keep ants from getting in. I think ants are twice as big as fruit flies.

I've heard pros and cons and some people like using tubs better but I would like to give this a try.

yeah I've watched the videos and it says that it keep ants from getting in. I think ants are twice as big as fruit flies.

I've heard pros and cons and some people like using tubs better but I would like to give this a try.

You should. I had these recommended in the past before and when BocaJan told em about it i was so happy she was willing to get me some and i paid her back of course:)

I am curious how well it would handle a low wattage bulb, for when its time to keep them heated up. This looks like a good idea though i would love to hear more opiions.

Gpmo (him)

UVb

Cool find!

I wonder if the plastic and mesh let through much UVb light. Can some one with a meter give it a test?

Cool find!

I wonder if the plastic and mesh let through much UVb light. Can some one with a meter give it a test?

I tried to put the fixture with the bulb over the cage and of course it was to heavy so i need to figure out something now.

Last edited:
You would think they do. I can take Clea out for a sec(she is begging to come out of her cage) and take her uvb and put it over one of the cages and see how it works out.

EDIT-Ltes just say this. You will need a light fixture ahah

Plastic filters UVB , thats what he is saying, its not a matter of how it fits or w/e.

You would think they do. I can take Clea out for a sec(she is begging to come out of her cage) and take her uvb and put it over one of the cages and see how it works out.

EDIT-Ltes just say this. You will need a light fixture ahah

UVB gets through all sides, I have tested it. Today we have overcast but still the readings inside the caterpillar cage are in the high 60s.

Back
Top Bottom