Gravid Young Female?

Redstrat951

• Your Chameleon - Zelda. Female veiled, 4-5 months old
  • Handling - Just for feeding everyday. She comes to me. Sometimes let her hang out on decorative plants.
  • Feeding - I feed 5 medium crickets a day and feed 5 meal worms on days I don't have crickets. Which is usually once or twice a week.I use flukers gut load for crickets.
  • Supplements - I use reptivite calcium supplement at least 5 times a week by dusting.
  • Watering - I mist the cage myself after feeding, one good time a day. Humidity stays around 70%
  • Fecal Description - Poop is brown with white urate. Never tested for parasite.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage, 36x24 I believe.
  • Lighting - reptisum 5.0 UV, 60 watt heat lamp
  • Temperature - Around 85 °F basking and 70° at bottom of cage. I have a thermometer on top and bottom.
  • Humidity- Usually around 70%, goes up when I mist cage
  • Plants - One croton Petra with natural potting aoso.
  • Placement - By the window, close to air vent I keep closed. 2 feet off ground.
  • Location - Chattanooga TN
I have a feeling my chameleon may be laying eggs soon. Her behavior is different and her appetite is about half what it was. Sometimes she has blue dots on her colors. I've set up a laying bin in her cage. 8 inches deep with sand and soil. I'm looking for advice and if.im.doing it right so far. Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180722_204646.jpg
    IMG_20180722_204646.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 89
  • IMG_20180722_204713.jpg
    IMG_20180722_204713.jpg
    302.7 KB · Views: 85
  • Your Chameleon - Zelda. Female veiled, 4-5 months old
  • Handling - Just for feeding everyday. She comes to me. Sometimes let her hang out on decorative plants.
  • Feeding - I feed 5 medium crickets a day and feed 5 meal worms on days I don't have crickets. Which is usually once or twice a week.I use flukers gut load for crickets.
  • Supplements - I use reptivite calcium supplement at least 5 times a week by dusting.
  • Watering - I mist the cage myself after feeding, one good time a day. Humidity stays around 70%
  • Fecal Description - Poop is brown with white urate. Never tested for parasite.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Screen cage, 36x24 I believe.
  • Lighting - reptisum 5.0 UV, 60 watt heat lamp
  • Temperature - Around 85 °F basking and 70° at bottom of cage. I have a thermometer on top and bottom.
  • Humidity- Usually around 70%, goes up when I mist cage
  • Plants - One croton Petra with natural potting aoso.
  • Placement - By the window, close to air vent I keep closed. 2 feet off ground.
  • Location - Chattanooga TN
I have a feeling my chameleon may be laying eggs soon. Her behavior is different and her appetite is about half what it was. Sometimes she has blue dots on her colors. I've set up a laying bin in her cage. 8 inches deep with sand and soil. I'm looking for advice and if.im.doing it right so far. Thanks.
That’s a bit young to lay but totally possible. Is that a plant sitting on the surface of her lay bin? If so and this was my cham I would remove it at once. I would also hang a curtain across the bottom half of the viv, all three sides that aren’t against the wall. If she is ready to lay she won’t do it with you watching her, she needs true privacy. As far as set up goes everything else looks good, all you can do is give her her privacy and wait to see what happens.

Yeah i bought her back in early March. Okay I'll try that. I kept the plant in it because she likes to hide in it sometimes. I'll hang a sheet and close the blinds so she'll have cover like you said. Thanks for your response.

Yeah i bought her back in early March. Okay I'll try that. I kept the plant in it because she likes to hide in it sometimes. I'll hang a sheet and close the blinds so she'll have cover like you said. Thanks for your response.
No problem, keep us posted! But you are going to remove that plant now right?

Also my Cham has a had a black scab looking thing on her face for a few weeks now. What do you think it is? Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_20180706_195701.jpg
    IMG_20180706_195701.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 71
We had an owner on here this morning worried sick about some black dots, turned out to be dirt!

Yeah turns out it was dirt or some residue from a feeder.
Got it off with a q tip. A bit of a challenge though. She got got the qtip from me in the end haha.

Attachments

• IMG_20180725_184232.jpg
    IMG_20180725_184232.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_20180725_184251.jpg
    IMG_20180725_184251.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 84
Back
Top Bottom