Gravid Yemen - Poss Eggbound

no1biggestbrat

My little girl Pepper is now 10 mths old and a whopping 200g looking like shes going to explode any minute she been gravid since the begining of July and has no sign of dropping her eggs, she looks very healthy and eating very well still but im getting rather concern that she not even bothered to look at her layin box.....Can anyone please tell me how long they hold on to there eggs (unfertile)

Thats when I noticed the egg shapes by her rear end and her colours satrted changing so im assuming its been since then.....She did go though a restless stage always climbing out when I was either feeding or misting, and all day she would scratch at the bottom of her viv trying to get out but now shes just happy to bath and eat

she may not have been gravid, she may have just developed her big girl colors.

from the day my female bred, to the day she laid eggs, was about 34 days.

so if she had eggs, she would have laid them by now.

I havent bred her, they will be her unfertile eggs, but they were defo egg shape by her back legs, I have a picture if I can figure how to put it on this post lol Im new to all this x

Do you have a laying bin in her enclosure for her?

To upload a picture from your computer, use the POST REPLY button (not the handy quick reply box). Click the paperclip icon, follow the prompts to upload your picture. You can attach up to 3 pictures. They will NOT show in your preview, they will only show once you submit the post. They will show as thumbnails which expand when clicked (so go ahead and use big files, it won't mess up the thread).

If that's not possible, my best suggestion would be something like Photobucket or Flickr.

pepper.png
8th July when I first notice egg shape

She might still be. I don't know enough about how the infertile egg thing works. I've had people tell me that an infertile clutch can take many months to get to the "have to lay now!" point, but I don't know if that's accurate. Hopefully someone who's been through it can chime in.

Hi! let me start by welcoming you to the forum, am sure one of our seniors members will be more than happy to help. Mean while i do recommend you filling the " how to ask for help " form so we can all get a better understanding on her problem, i also have a female vield & you need to make sure she has her total privacy.
Fertile or not she still going to tread this eggs like if they were fertile so if she see you or anyone watching her digging her egg's, she will become egg bound. I recommend you put her in 5inch bucket put the substances your going to use & a plant ( because they like to lay their eggs next to the roots of the plant sometimes for moister ) put this inside the cage and cover it all around till the top of the cage to maker sure she stays inside her bucket n the plant will give her space to clime also make sure your substance is wet enough to star a tunnel but dry enough for the tunnel not to break on her while digging her eggs . This is just a little tip, just wait until one of the higher member gives you their in put. Wish you the best of luck! keep us updated

Back
Top Bottom