Gravid Werners?

The5sherns

Grace is a WC Werners Chameleon that I got from LLL. Age - unsure. They thought that she may be gravid. What do you think?

Your opinions would be appreciated...

5055ffb0.jpg

f8f8f7fd.jpg

Possibly?? Im not too familiar with their color change but she is bloated... I would say better safe than sorry and giver somewhere to lay.. couldn't hurt?

She looks pretty hefty. I would say expect some babies soon. No need for a laying bin, they're live-bearers.

LPR08

Werner's Chameleons don't lay eggs.

She is definitely a wild caught specimen and there is a good possibility that she is gravid. This particular species tends to mate early in the year and give birth in the late summer or fall.

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I am looking forward to watching her through this process. I am thankful that she is a live bearer, as I have only experience with Jackson's babies. Egg layers kind of make me nervous. :)

Thanks for your opinions everyone. I am looking forward to watching her through this process. I am thankful that she is a live bearer, as I have only experience with Jackson's babies. Egg layers kind of make me nervous. :)

Your girl is beautiful, I can't wait to see baby pictures. I can't believe you are ok with live babies but worry about eggs. I am just the reverse. I don't keep jacksons any longer cause live birth scares me. I would love to see them drop but I am too terrified. Don't tell, I act tough.:eek:

Lol - I guess I probably overstated my comfort on live bearers. I got a female Jackson's, and she was gravid - surprise, surprise. I was not home when she had them - she dropped 13, 3 never came out of the egg sac, and the 10 thrived for a few weeks, and then I lost 4. So, with less than 50% survival rate - I am sure now that I shouldn't be comfortable. Aaaahhhhhh!!!!

Back
Top Bottom