Gravid Pygmy Help?

Aliciax3

Chameleon Info:
Your Chameleon - Pygmy Chameleon (brev), female, she is WC so I don't know the age, I've had her for 2 weeks
Handling - I have not handled her since I first got her
Feeding - Feeding small crickets every other day (about 5-8 crickets per pygmy)
Supplements - Reptocal once every two weeks, Reptolife Plus once a week
Watering - I manually mist 3-5 times a day for about 30-45 seconds and also have a dripper. I have never seen them drink.
Fecal Description - I find dropping all the time, brown with a little spot of white
Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites? No
History - None, I've only had her for 2 weeks.

Cage Info:
Cage Type - 29L gallon tank, 30 x 12 x 18
Lighting - Repti-sun 5.0 UVB light on at 8 am and off at 8 pm. I also have a heat lamp but have not had to use it.
Temperature - Kept at room temperature usually a constant 75 degrees with a few degree drop at night (never lower than 68). I use a digital thermometer
Humidity - Stays between 75-85% Maintained by misting a live plant
Plants - One pothos plant
Placement - The tank is on a stand about 3 feet off the floor and away from doors and direct sunlight
Location - Chicago Illinois

Current Problem - I have noticed that my gravid pygmy has been keeping both of her eyes closed during the day and my other pygmy (female) seems to be doing fine. It started about three days ago and she seemed to be doing better yesterday. Today, I have noticed she has been doing it for quite some time. I'm worried about her because I don't think this is normal. She also hasn't shown any interest in digging. I have not seen her on the floor since the first few days she has been in my care.

Here are some pictures of her.
2eyz6ft.jpg

r7udk0.jpg

Does anyone know what could be causing this?

Thanks in advance.

With little pygs it is often hard to know what is going on with them. Since you do not know their age, she could be near the end of her life, or have some parasite issue going on. There is also often nothing you can do to save them. How do you know she is gravid? What is Reptolife Plus?

I do not know for sure, but several people on this forum and others have told me she looks very plump and is most likely gravid.

Reptolife is a multi-vitamin.

You should be giving a no d3 calcium 2x weekly and very, very lightly, and only use the multivite once a month very, very lightly.

ok thanks, I just got the multi vitamin so I have only given it once. I tried finding a calcium with no d3 but the store did not have any. I will go to a different one tomorrow and pick one up. Do you know which brand is the best?

Back
Top Bottom