gravid panther colours

fuzzhc

I have a female panther which is around 3-4 months old if I was given the correct info upon purchase.

The past couple of days she has been restless, sort of scouting her cage whilst in blackish/purpleish colours. However she doesnt stay this colour all the time and will after a while turn back to her resting colours of peach and pink. My question is, if gravid will they stay in their darker colours until they have layed? Or shall they change back and forth?

Her basking temp is between 81 and 84 depending on how hot it is in my house, I do have the bulb on a dimmer so shall adjust as necessary, ambient is in the range between 73 and 80 depending on where im taking the reading. Humidity fluctuates between 56 and 70 and I cant remember the size of tank but its an exo terra glass tank, looks about 3x2x2 foot but cant be sure as my measuring tape is at work. She has been getting fed around 30ish 3rd size crickets daily along with some small roaches, meal worms, wax worms on occasion until last week where I changed over to 4 or 5 medium/small locusts daily with the odd treat here and there. Dusting with calcium daily and calci with d3 every 2 weeks.

Welcome to the Chameleon Forums. If you are correct about her age, I doubt a 3 to 4 month old would be gravid. Please post some photos of her. I would go ahead and set up a laying bin for her just in case. I have a couple of links below to give you some info on gravid/receptive, egg laying and how to make a laying bin.
https://www.chameleonforums.com/receptive-female-chameleons-educational-video-62869/
https://www.chameleonforums.com/blo...-keepers-young-veiled-panther-chameleons.html
https://www.chameleonforums.com/laying-bin-set-up-educational-video-77225/

Thanks man. I think a laying bin on 16inches would take up about half the height of the tank she is in just now. Any ideas besides buying a bigger tank at the moment?

luckily i can get on my brothers laptop whilst on my day off today to post pictures haha!

Has been this colour alot the past few days
DSC_1533[1].jpg

was this colour earlier this morning
DSC_1576[1].jpg

Normal at rest colour
DSC_1529[1].jpg

She is definately older. Could you post a picture of her on your hand, so we can see her size?
Second and third picure doesn't look neither receptive or gravid to me, the first one is quite unusual.

I was told she was about a month old when i got her, also a male ambilobe.

DSC_1577[1].jpg

On a sky remote for a better comparison

DSC_1578[1].jpg

She has also went a few other colours which i found to be unusual lol this being one of them:eek:
DSC_1490[1].jpg

Definitely a female and she is much older than 4 months old. Looks to be at least 7-8 months.

Have any pics of when you got her? They would be able to rest on your pinky finger at 1 month.

She was rather tiny when i got her, i dont have any pics of her on my hand at the time but i do have a couple of when i first put her in her cage.

DSC_1242[1].jpg

This one you can see an exo terra temp probe behind her for a slight comparison
DSC_1243[1].jpg

I was feeding her a lot up until last week or so. That could miby have something to do with her size?

She looks to be older for sure, the pics from when you got her look around 3-4 months old, so she is likely 7-8 months as previously stated.

She looks to be older for sure, the pics from when you got her look around 3-4 months old, so she is likely 7-8 months as previously stated.

Damn guess ill need to sort out a laying bin! Any ideas how I could do this in an enclosure this size? A 16x16" one would take up half the space and I wont be avle to afford a bigger tabk till probably next week :(

I would say she was around 4,5-5 months old on the last pic.

Wow I would never have guessed she was that old at that size!

Do you think from that first pic she could be gravid then?

Edit: im starting to think that the breeder told the shop it was only a month old to try pass it off as a male because the breeder also said it was probably a male but too young to be able to tell yet. Straight away I noticed to bulge but put it down to being so young.

So if my female is gravid would she sTay in her darker gravid colours the full time until she has layed? Or can she still change to resting colours etc? Never cme across that info before

Wow I would never have guessed she was that old at that size!

Do you think from that first pic she could be gravid then?

Edit: im starting to think that the breeder told the shop it was only a month old to try pass it off as a male because the breeder also said it was probably a male but too young to be able to tell yet. Straight away I noticed to bulge but put it down to being so young.
I don't think these are gravid colors. Was there a different light?

Back
Top Bottom