Gravid Jacksonii Jacksonii Female

PhDoc

I have recently purchased a jacksonii jacksonii female and I believe she is gravid. When I bought her the breeder told me that once after she gives birth I can put her in the enclosure with my male.

I decided to do some more research on this and I found a website that said they should never be placed together (other than during the breeding season).

I have found other websites that say it's fine...would anyone happen to know what would be the best care for her? Thank you
*picture coming soon :D

it is beneficial for them to be seperate, the male can cause the female stress, only leave them together in a certain amount of time if you wish to breed.

ace is correct. i had a pair and while she was fine for a while which i found out it was because she was receptive but immediately after they mated she could not stand the sight of my male so i seperated them asap. he was fine but she did not want to be bothered by him. so dont take that chance. this is the best forum for u to do your research. disregard any other information you have heard from your so called breeder. while he may have had a different experience, not all chameleons are the same.

i breed with jacks and now its best you leave them sepperate for a few months after the birth of the young , health of the female come's first she deffenatly would be stressed

I have recently purchased a jacksonii jacksonii female and I believe she is gravid. When I bought her the breeder told me that once after she gives birth I can put her in the enclosure with my male.

I decided to do some more research on this and I found a website that said they should never be placed together (other than during the breeding season).

I have found other websites that say it's fine...would anyone happen to know what would be the best care for her? Thank you
*picture coming soon :D

beautiful male in your default, btw =]

I don't keep my males and females together unless I want them to mate. The only time they seem to get along is if the female is receptive.

I hope your female Jacksonii is of good size. I recently lost my gravid female. I believe because she had been mated too young. Very near the end of her pregnancy she could not breathe, lost control of her limbs and her eyes were bulging. We were surprised to find 19 babies inside her small body. She appeared very healthy up until that point.

Back
Top Bottom