Gravid female veiled chameleon

So I would be extra cautious since you have no idea how many eggs she laid prior and if there were any issues.

Make sure her bin can hold a tunnel.
It does
So I would be extra cautious since you have no idea how many eggs she laid prior and if there were any issues.

Make sure her bin can hold a tunnel.
Her bin can hold a tunnel I tested it b4i placed it in her enclosure

First two pis is why I think vitamin a problems but just now have been doing what she does in the photo bit she drinks pees poop ok and moves around fine just making me worried

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_123804.jpg
    IMG_20210825_123804.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210825_123814.jpg
    IMG_20210825_123814.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_20210823_164852.jpg
    IMG_20210823_164852.jpg
    137.4 KB · Views: 82
Has the t5ho 10 uvb basking light is 65 watt recommend light live plants coverage she is getting the powder with D3 daily and without D3 twice a month but as of late she stopped eating and is only drinking and she started pacing like three days ago and I mist in the am d4 lights on and b4 lights out and she has water available she has a dripper hope these are good pics she is in one of them she is asleep now

Attachments

• IMG_20210825_155526.jpg
    IMG_20210825_155526.jpg
    180.3 KB · Views: 83
  • IMG_20210825_155533.jpg
    IMG_20210825_155533.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 77
Has the t5ho 10 uvb basking light is 65 watt recommend light live plants coverage she is getting the powder with D3 daily and without D3 twice a month but as of late she stopped eating and is only drinking and she started pacing like three days ago and I mist in the am d4 lights on and b4 lights out and she has water available she has a dripper hope these are good pics she is in one of them she is asleep now
Filling out the husbandry form in as much detail as possible will help us help you more
Am redoing her live plants she has fake foliage rn but as soon as she lays I'm putting it back in for her she has alot of privacy should I try to re do her bin with the plays and and soul

Here are the help questions. The more detail you provide, the better able we’ll be able to help figure out what may be going on with your girl.
Has she been lethargic? Staying low in her enclosure/not basking? Eyes closed during daytime? If yes to any, I’d be making the soonest vet appointment I could as she could be having problems laying.
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.

Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?

Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.
Sex obviously female lol veiled chameleon shes close to 2yrs of age I rescued her about 6 months ago she gets all safe required powders with and without D3 every day and twice a month she normally eats crickets wax worms hornworms and moths and horn moths and lately shes not eating just drinking she's in the medium large screen enclosure her large one broke so needed to find her a nice cheap one till I fix her other xl reptabrezze and lights go on at 8 out at 8 Location of my Chams enclosures are in my room it's not noisy and she is left alone unless I'm offering her food and water she has a drip system and I hand mist in the am and pm I'm located in Lorain Ohio it's currently 10pm has plenty of room no where near the ceiling and I've covered her enclosure up bc ik they need privacy

I err on the side of caution, so wouldn’t delay if she were mine. From the looks of her, she is carrying lots of eggs and she may not be able to pass them. Often chams don’t show any signs that anything is wrong until it’s very late and then their prognosis is poor.
Ok

she is getting the powder with D3 daily and without D3 twice
Wait a minute.... You are giving D3 daily? Please tell me if you meant to say this. Can you take a pic of the supplements your using? Eyes closing does not only mean vitamin A issues. She has other stuff going on. And the fact that she is so heavy with eggs and went off food with the eyes closing screams other issues.

Wait a minute.... You are giving D3 daily? Please tell me if you meant to say this. Can you take a pic of the supplements your using? Eyes closing does not only mean vitamin A issues. She has other stuff going on. And the fact that she is so heavy with eggs and went off food with the eyes closing screams other issues.
Yes I follow proper Dustings she get the one with D3 daily and without twice a month but as of let she isn't eating and other way to get it into her

Back
Top Bottom