Gravid female questions

Foist

My female fall gapes at my male now( they bred 2 weeks ago today). I have a few questions. How long until she will lay hers eggs or when should she? Also should I be able to feels eggs by now in her?

My female fall gapes at my male now( they bred 2 weeks ago today). I have a few questions. How long until she will lay hers eggs or when should she? Also should I be able to feels eggs by now in her?
Sounds like you have them housed together? Every chameleon is different. When the female grows round, and spends time down near the dirt, or slows down or stops eating. Here's a picture of a tell tale sign of egg laying about to take place, or has already happen.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    239.7 KB · Views: 113
Sounds like you have them housed together? Every chameleon is different. When the female grows round, and spends time down near the dirt, or slows down or stops eating. Here's a picture of a tell tale sign of egg laying about to take place, or has already happen.

Oh no I don't keep them together. But what is the average time for a panther to be Gracie before laying her eggs? I also have a large plan that covers the bottom should I take it out and ink have my hanging basket and replace the plant with a laying bin?

From a panther mating to laying eggs should be about thirty days. However...if she was already producing eggs at the time of mating it could be sooner.

It's important to have a suitable place (container of washed playsand damp enough to hold a tunnel in an opaque container at least twelve inches deep by eight by twelve) for her to dig in the cage to show you when she's ready. It's also important once she starts digging that you do not let her see you watching her while she's digging.

From a panther mating to laying eggs should be about thirty days. However...if she was already producing eggs at the time of mating it could be sooner.

It's important to have a suitable place (container of washed playsand damp enough to hold a tunnel in an opaque container at least twelve inches deep by eight by twelve) for her to dig in the cage to show you when she's ready. It's also important once she starts digging that you do not let her see you watching her while she's digging.

I have a plant that covers most of the bottom should I take it out? The only other plant I have is a hanging plant from the top. She would be due to lay her eggs on the 9th then which is what I had saved already as the date. From what I can feel I can tell she has eggs. I'm so anxious for her to lay them and get them in the incubator :)

Back
Top Bottom