Grasshoppers?

ChamyLove

Lately I've been seeing TONS on grasshoppers running round. I've seen people on here talk about home made grasshopper catchers, and I was wondering what you use?

Also, would grasshoppers be a fine daily feeder? While they're in season here anyways

I use a childs butterfly net, bought for a dollar

I'd be comfortable making grasshoppers as much as 40% of my chams diet, but I don't catch that many. Instead they are a nice treat a few times each summer.

Don't use lubbers. Avoid catching near ponds.

Thanks! We have so many in our back yard. I heard let them sit a couple days, and if they're still alive there are no pesticides. is that true? I dont want my cham to get sick.

I go to the local gamelands, and let my boys go to town. Not much effort On my part, but the boys have a great time. :D

Thanks! We have so many in our back yard. I heard let them sit a couple days, and if they're still alive there are no pesticides. is that true? I dont want my cham to get sick.

probably, but I would suggest you instead gather from a wilderness area away from human pollution as much as possible

Ok! My grandma lives just a short drive from the country, so next time we go there I'll see if I can find a nice field of hoppers! :D

Back
Top Bottom